Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Consumer Cellular

I strongly suggest you stay away from consumer cellular. beside all the usual complaints, and there are a lot all over the internet, I have had four credit cards hacked in their auto pay website. I was able to trace it to them. They do not care; they do not acknowledge that they are the problem. I sent my last payment by check to their payment center in Pasadena CA about 1 1/2 weeks ago which has not been deposited yet and no way to contact that payment center. Customer service treated me today as if i did not send the check. 

I have since gone to my internet provider's mobile service which turns out to be about 7 dollar a month less the C.C. AARP needs to stop recommending this mobile service to seniors. Major complaints and no one is listening. I already filed a complaint with AARP about this and with Consumer Cellular about the credit card hacking of FOUR cards in about five months that I was with their service. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

(2 comments) Thank you for the warning Arleen!

Regular Contributor

Update, they did deposit my check. 🙂  I use almost no data on my cell phone. so, i am getting only 1GB data from my internet mobile company. I am only paying 17 dollars and change for service that includes taxes. No more credit card problems with those cards since I left Consumer cellular. 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Great info, @eveAre ! Thanks!

I have been fi since first available (via invitation in 2015) and never had any issue with charges, billing, customer service (in fact, my definition of customer service is never having to contact "customer service")...

I'm usually using WiFi, so usage is minuscule and they have NEVER gouged me with over billing. In fact phone purchase is great with credit for purchase over months of usage. How does it get better than that? Just saying, for me, FI is BEST (so wish AARP would tap into their service for us).

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP