Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Consumer Cellular

Anybody had a bad experience with CONSUMER CELLULAR wireless services?

They were trying to extort me from assuming the bad credit of an ex Sister in Law who apparently racked up non-payment of accounts in the past who happens to carry the same last name as mine as she was formerly married to my brother and has since been divorced for years now,

CC informed me that they have to terminate my services so I was forced to find another wireless provider who accepted me immediately as I have EXCELLENT credit score/history for the past 25 years ever since I became a naturalized American and just recently retired as a Registered Nurse by profession.

i was so upset by the treatment I received from CC that I shouldn't have been branded like a common felon by the actions of some people, related to me or not.

I believe too that it was racial discrimination due to the fact of my ethnicity.

They were trying to force me like a criminal under interrogation the whereabouts of my sister in law due to the fact that she used my address although she doesn't live here at all and don't know where she's at..

Then they informed me that I have to find another cell phone provider as they can't continue to provide services to me anymore. I already informed AARP as a valued member (since 2006 till 2024) if I need legal representation. Let's see what AARP can do to me as a member.

Hi  Everyone 

- "I want to denounce CONSUMERS CELLULAR, endorsed by AARP, practices which includes raising the contracted fees automatically but does not revert the same when consumers reduce use". 

AARP shall not be considered an accomplice of bad practices against elders and AARP associates.

I thank you for your prompt actions to avoid further loss and damages.
I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Cesar C. Almeida
Contributor

wow...not good....did AARP help at all?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

They stink!!  Verzion much better coverage area and customer service.  "Never locked into a contract" a BIG FAT LIE.  But you'll need to read the 6pt agreement type to 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Wow, i'm surprised at all the bad experiences by users of Consumer Cellular.  I've had them for 3 or 4 years now and never a problem.  Also, they most certainly do not lock members into any kind of contracts...so i'm not sure what that's all about.

I am on a month to month and also had no problem getting them to "unlock" my phone, like i've had with other services.  Verizon is a joke, way too much money for the same service one can get elsewhere.  That is from my experience, and i've had a few different carriers.

Never Look Down on Anybody...Unless You Are Helping Them Up. 🙂
Periodic Contributor

RUN ... don't walk ... From Consumer Cellular.... awful coverage and even worst customer service. 

Consumer Cellular customer service not nearly what is used to be - it sucks frankly in my expericence - and coverage area pale in comparison to Verizon if you are doing any traveling at all.   Advertising about "never not locked into a contract" is a big fat LIE.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

YES!! Consumer Cellular customer service not nearly what is used to be - it sucks frankly in my expericence - and coverage area pale in comparison to Verizon if you are doing any traveling at all.   Advertising about "never not locked into a contract" is a big fat LIE.

Don't walk... RUN from Consumer Cellular.... awful coverage and even worst customer service. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

How to deal with Consumer Cellular?  Advertised by AARP as being no contract, good customer service.  I tried their service for 1 month for $20, was unimpressed and stopped using it....No contract, right?   My bill is now $104.47 with Consumer Cellular taking it to my Credit Report.  Per Consumer Cellular, there is no contract but if you dont call to cancel, they keep giving the service and keep charging for it.....They even sent a disconnection notice at $43.13 and then sent me a note the same day saying "Thank you for resuming the service".

I agree that maybe I owe them some money but their position is pay $104.47(and counting) or we go to Credit Report.....I used the service, kind of, for 1 month....this is a AARP endorsed company....what should I do?

Periodic Contributor

Don't walk... RUN from Consumer Cellular.... awful coverage and even worst customer service. 

Consumer Cellular customer service not nearly what is used to be - it sucks frankly in my expericence - and coverage area pales in comparison to Verizon if you are doing any traveling at all.   Advertising about "never not locked into a contract" is a big fat LIE.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm confused. Just how does one "run up a big debt" with Consumer Cellular. They are a no-contract service. If you are late with one payment they shut you off. Something duth have an odor here. Sounds more like an unscrupulous collection agency for other bad debts claiming to be from CC.

Oh come on, we've all had calls claiming to be from "Weeendoze Company"

Regular Social Butterfly

I personally could not be happier with Consumer Cellular!!!  I decided just recently, to go to the tech giant Google with their wireless service for phones....even purchased a new Moto g7 and all I got was problems....my personal phone number was not being used when placing calls to my contacts. So, like who answers their phone from a recognized area or number???? On and on the problems persisted within the very few days I used their service. I called Consumer Cellular back and presto they took me back....help get my phone number ported back and then just today, their chat tech support help walk me through the process to set my phone up properly to their data provider service. PRESTO....I did it with their instructions. I started using them back in 2016 and I will remain with them. My area is of course a big Verizon area and bad reception, but go check out their rates for a single line verses Consumer Cellular. Kudos to Consumer Cellular in my book!

Periodic Contributor

They STINK!  Coverage area is bad, service is worse.  "Never locked into a contract" is a BIG FAT LIE.  Verizon much better coverage (especially if hot spotting) , better service for a very marginal price diff.  RUN... don't  walk... from Consumer Cellular!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP