Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Consumer Cellular Customer No Service

Message 1 of 2

Sorry to have to post an opposite opinion but I am as curmudgeonly as the next guy, have called a multitude of customer services throughout the land, hate my newspaper's customer service, hate my satellite radio's customer service, hate my cable company's customer service, and hate almost any chain restaurant's customer service.

But there is one customer service that has been a positive experience EVERY TIME I have had interaction with them and that's CONSUMER CELLULAR. They answer the phones quickly, make sure you understand the advice they are imparting to you, and most of all, always polite.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Consumer Cellular Customer No Service

Message 2 of 2

Doesn’t AARP even check out who they recommend? Consumer Cellular won’t even let you talk to anyone but their “agents”. 

I agree with all of those who have posted negative comments. I always liked these guys, But not anymore.
When they send you a phone, the vast amount of paperwork includes a card telling you that there are two ways to activate your phone. You can call them and wait on rot, or go online. The kicker is, if you go online, they ask for an activation code. Where do you get the code? After vast research I learned you get the code from the box your phone came in.

Wasn’t there. I called, and after a long time on rot, was told “oh we don’t provide the code for orders shipped. You have to call in”

I asked to talk to a supervisor. That’s not possible they said. Their management is apparently shielded from the public. I was livid. It’s very very poor customer service. The employee did activate my phone. Then, I asked if I could schedule a call back from a supervisor. The rep “put in the request”, and said I should hear back in 24 hours.

Surprise, no call back. I am sure the rep just pretended to arrange the call back, and trashed my request.

I agree with others who have been amazed this company gets customer service accolades, because they are the epitome of customer no service.

Do not buy from this company!!!!!

When I have time. I will write about issues my wife had with them buying me a Christmas gift. Their promises mean nothing. And they truly don’t care.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!
Top Authors