Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Re: Ask The Expert: How can I protect my savings/my digital identity?

Message 21 of 25

@LarzS399735 , That’s a decision each person will have to weight for themselves. Most of what ID theft protection can do, you can do for free. The premium is pay that might be worth the peace of mind for some, however make sure to read what the insurance covers because many people who are victims of ID theft recover most of their financial losses, but they can’t recover their loss of time recovering their identity, and that’s not usually covered by insurance.

@LarzS399735 wrote:

Does identify theft insurance work and is it worth the preminum?

View solution in original post

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
AARP Expert
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 25

Hello everyone, I look forward to answering your questions and sharing tips and tools on how we can all stay safe and protect ourselves from scams and frauds. Amy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 25

Does identify theft insurance work and is it worth the preminum?

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 25

nofziger.JPGAmy Nofziger, AARP ExpertAbout Amy: Amy Nofziger ("@anofziger17") of the AARP Fraud Watch Network has been educating older adults about fighting fraud for 18 years. Amy manages the AARP Fraud Helpline and is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). She has worked with The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Consumer Reports, the Dr. Phil show and many others to help shed light on fraud and exploitation of older adults.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Ask The Expert: How can I protect my savings/my digital identity?

Message 25 of 25

Welcome to the AARP Online Community! Has your personal information ever been compromised in a data breach? Do you have questions about how to best protect your identity in our increasingly online world?

Now thru Monday, October 14th, AARP Expert Amy Nofziger is here to answer your questions about identity theft and cybersecurity scams. Post below for a chance to share your experience and have your questions answered! 

Kudos
Views
Replies