Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ‘ AARP Pennsylvania turns the tables on con artists!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ‘ AARP Pennsylvania turns the tables on con artists!

๐Ÿ—ฃ  Published: 5/19/23

๐Ÿ‘‰LINK TO ARTICLE 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Fraud & Scam / Con artist are like playing a game of whack-a-mole.  

Shut them down here and they just pop up somewhere else.  

They run a scam - that manner of the scam gets exposed and they just change it to something else.

Their target is dumb people - people who donโ€™t stay inform or who are too gullible. - those who really donโ€™t know the ways of the world and are vulnerable for it.  Those who donโ€™t keep up especially with technological changes.

Now sometimes that is the fault of the person - for not reasoning, understanding, staying up to date - or just being dumb and gullible - or not taking the time to do it.

But sometimes it is the result of people not having an equip mind to do these things and for them they need help - everyday help in managing their affairs.  They have no idea what is going on with things like spoofing or other technological stuff that can fool a person who is not on guard or intellectually equip to be aware of these things used to trick and steal by criminals who could be located anywhere - next door or across the ocean.

There is no way any government or organization  is gonna completely stop these criminal - we are our own protectors - our own or the person that has been put in charge of us if we cannot do it alone and I think there are a lot of people in that later category.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Honored Social Butterfly

I frankly don't see how people fall for these con artists.

It is very obvious, be it calls or texts, that they are phony. People need to take a moment when they get these calls, texts, etc. and think.

Would the IRS, Border Patrol, your Utility Company, etc. etc. etc. really be calling YOU for money.

Heck, we had a minister here that said he got a call from the IRS and an agent said that he owed money. They stayed on the phone with him for hours having him get cash cards and give them the codes to obtain the cash off those cards. He lost $16,000 in one day.

He said he was scammed....I say he was...let's just use the word unintelligent.

Silver Conversationalist

Calling that minister unintelligent wasnt being disrespectful at all,it was being nice and directly on topic. He was an idiot !

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(2 comments) @LeeS4949 , I am "walking away" from you on this. Lol, NOT about to have the moderator jump into this thread too. You are also OFF TOPIC!!!! How dare you call another "human" an IDIOT ๐Ÿ˜ฑ and my discussion was with another member. Wow, use to "think" you were a NICE member. Wow, ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

โ–ถ๏ธ@LeeS4949 wrote:

Calling that minister unintelligent wasnt being disrespectful at all,it was being nice and directly on topic. He was an idiot !โ—€๏ธ

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

The world is positively CRAMMED with idiots my dear,one only has to wake up each morning to find them. Any moderator is welcome to chime in if they want. I dont fear them as you do. Walk away if you please,you do that on this site frequently and with great drama and fanfare.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(3 comments) @nctarheel , calling him "unintelligent" is so disrespectful!

โ–ถ๏ธ@nctarheel wrote:

I frankly don't see how people fall for these con artists.

It is very obvious, be it calls or texts, that they are phony. People need to take a moment when they get these calls, texts, etc. and think.

Would the IRS, Border Patrol, your Utility Company, etc. etc. etc. really be calling YOU for money.

Heck, we had a minister here that said he got a call from the IRS and an agent said that he owed money. They stayed on the phone with him for hours having him get cash cards and give them the codes to obtain the cash off those cards. He lost $16,000 in one day.

He said he was scammed....I say he was...let's just use the word unintelligent.โ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous wrote:

@nctarheel , calling him "unintelligent" is so disrespectful!

This minister literally went from one convenience store to another, several in all, buying these gift cards, turning the code numbers over to the scammers, until he had given them over $16,000. He drove from one store to the other as the scammers kept him on the line pretending to be IRS agents.

Me calling him unintelligent was not disrespectful, it was the truth.

This scam went on for hours and only after a clerk at a 7-11 convenience store informed him that he may be getting scammed, did he realize how UNINTELLIGENT he had been.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) โ–ถ๏ธWho cares? We are all "human" and no-one has the right to "judge" anyone. Again you are OFF TOPIC. ๐Ÿ™„โ—€๏ธ

@nctarheel wrote:

This minister literally went from one convenience store to another, several in all, buying these gift cards, turning the code numbers over to the scammers, until he had given them over $16,000. He drove from one store to the other as the scammers kept him on the line pretending to be IRS agents.

Me calling him unintelligent was not disrespectful, it was the truth.

This scam went on for hours and only after a clerk at a 7-11 convenience store informed him that he may be getting scammed, did he realize how UNINTELLIGENT he had been.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous wrote:

Again you are OFF TOPIC. ๐Ÿ™„โ—€๏ธ

This thread is on the subject of con artists and how they ply their trade. I merely gave an example of a con and how a person you would expect to be intelligent was definitely NOT INTELLIGENT.

This certainly was ON TOPIC.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP