Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Your Favorite "Live" Albums

One of my favorites is

The Last Waltz:  The Band & friends

Social Butterfly

"My Back Pages" 1992 was a 30-year anniversary concert celebrating Bob Dylan’s 30 years as a recording artist. Featuring Booker T & the M.G.’s, Cheryl Crow, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Neil Young, The O’Jays, Lou Reed, Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Roger McGuinn, George Harrison, Bob Dylan and many more. All the songs were written by Dylan.

Honored Social Butterfly

Acoustica Live in Lisboa  (2001) and

MTV Unplugged in Athens (2013) - Scorpions 💛

These performances were painstakingly crafted, well rehearsed, and beautifully done. Scorpions always give 100% and more! I have these on CD & DVD. Hard rock / metal and classical music can have a lot in common with some bands. Scorpions’ music fits that category. It translates beautifully to classical acoustic formats, which both of these were. 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Wembley or bust, Jeff Lynne’s ELO, 2017

Have seen the concert on TV, it is

awesome 🎼💜

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

World Wide Live - Scorpions 

Honored Social Butterfly

Live Rust:  Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Honored Social Butterfly

Made In Japan - Deep Purple 1972

Purple at their best! The set list was mostly songs from the now iconic Machine Head album. They were considered a “better when live” band due to their incredible improvisation skills. 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Social Butterfly

The “Concert for Bangladesh” came out in 1971. I believe it was the first live concert to benefit a cause, Bangladesh’s Liberation/genocide war. It showcased George Harrison, Ravi Shankar, Leon Russel, Bob Dylan, Billy Preston, Eric Clapton, Ringo Starr and more. It benefitted the people starving after that war.

Honored Social Butterfly

Mad Dogs & Englishmen:  Joe Cocker at his best

Bronze Conversationalist

One of my favorite "live" albums is  At Fillmore East by the Allman Brothers Band. It was recorded in March 1971 at the Fillmore East in New York and released in July 1971. The ABB was one of those bands that, in my opinion, sounded outstanding "live" versus studio. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Chicago at Carnegie Hall

Honored Social Butterfly

Live At Leeds:  The Who

Honored Social Butterfly

Great album! Often mentioned as the best hard rock live album of all time.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Back In The US Live 2002 - Macca  💛

Honored Social Butterfly

Have this on DVD. Awesome concert

🎼💜

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@MaVolta  Maaca who is that?  Is it Paul McCartney? 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, his nickname since he and John were kids in Liverpool.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Frampton comes alive , 1976

I was in Nursing School when this came 

out. We all loved it. I played it for my

friends every single day, usually multiple

times. His finest work 🎼💜

Honored Social Butterfly

Bruce Live 1975 - 1985

Hard to beat a Bruce concert!! I saw him twice and fortunately (thanks to his lottery system), I was right in front of the stage for one.

Honored Social Butterfly

Hot August Night -  Neil Diamond 

Live from The Greek Theater 1972

If I had to pick a favorite, this might be it. I only wish that I could have been there. The connection he has with the audience transcends the recording, and the set list has become classic Diamond. I finally got to attend a 1985 concert of his. It was fantastic! 

Regular Social Butterfly

"In Concert"

In Concert is a live album by Janis Joplin. It was released in 1972, after Joplin's death, as a double-LP record. The first record contains performances with Big Brother and the Holding Company and the second with the Full Tilt Boogie Band, recorded at various locations in 1968 and 1970. The album lacks any live recordings with her first solo effort with the Kozmic Blues band though songs that had been produced with that band were performed in the recordings of the Full Tilt Boogie Band. The Photographs used for the gatefold album were taken by photographer David Gahr in New York City in 1969 and 1970.

Great topic!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Honored Social Butterfly

4 Way Street:  CSN&Y

Trusted Contributor

Harry Chapin

Greatest Stories Live

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Fleetwood Mac, Live, 1980This is a 2 CD

set that my brother gave to me that I still

love.

Fleetwood Mac, The Dance, 1997. This is

a great live CD with 2 new songs at the 

time.

Fleetwood Mac, Live in Boston, 2004.
They were on tour and this is the same

concert I saw in Philadelphia. One of

the three times I saw them in concert

🎼💜

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP