Discover Healthy Recipes. Search By Cuisine, Lifestyle, Nutritional Info And More. Earn Double Reward Points.

Info Seeker

Re: Your Favorite Smooth Jazz Artist(s) Past and Present

Message 11 of 15

I recently discovered Erik Leuthauser, a 22 year old singer/composer from Berlin. Erik is the 2018 winner of the annual Ella Fitzgerald Jazz Vocal Competition held in Washington, DC. His latest record, "Munschen" ("Wish"), was released this month.

He performs fine renditions of old standards as well as newer and original music.

Search to find his homepage, where you will find a wealth of video performances and interviews. Definitely worth a look!

Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 12 of 15

Add to the list Denver's own Paul Taylor and also Euge Groove, Diana Krall, Sanborn, Koz, Botti, Coltrane, Miles Davis, Dulfer, Sade, Benson, John Klemmer. Michael Franks, Kenny G, Jarreau, Peter White, Spyro Gyra,M Mangione, Grover Washington Jr., Bob James, too many talented artists to mention...

Conversationalist

Message 13 of 15

Brian Culbertson for sure and then Keiko Matsui, Rick Braun, Peter White, Boney James, Mindy Abair just to name a few.  We are lucky to have a small jazz club in Oakland CA which brings so many smooth jazz artist to bay area!  We are able to see many of these artists!

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 15

I’m not an enormous Jazz aficionado but I do appreciate the many talented jazz artists.  I preferred “Blues” which is the roots of that genre.  

In the 60’s I listened to “traditional jazz” musicians like Miles Davis and Dave Brubeck. But the grayer I became I learned to enjoy the music of “smooth Jazz” much more.  I’ve checked out the 3 artist you’ve mentioned and enjoyed listening to their work.

Thanks for your topic it reminds a blues/rock devotee like me to take time to listen and enjoy other musical genres.

Bronze Conversationalist

Your Favorite Smooth Jazz Artist(s) Past and Present

Message 15 of 15

Brian Culbertson, Marion Meadows and Jeffery Smith to name a few are some of my favorite smooth jazz artists.