With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Who is on your bucket list of artists you have not seen but really want to?

Message 11 of 21

@gatorgorilla wrote:

I'd like to see (and hear!) that Steve Perry got back with Journey and then I'd like to go see that group in concert.

Hate to burst your bubble, gatorgorilla, but alas Sigh... no Steve Perry reunion. Read moreClick for link. But I gotta tell you, Arnel Pineda does a **bleep** good job at fronting Journey. Journey usually comes through the venue I work at when they are touring (including this past summer) and they still put on a good rockin' show.

♪ Don't stop believing... ♪

Because of my job, I have seen (and helped set up) quite a few artists, but on my bucket list whom I have never seen live would have to be AC/DC.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

Every artist I would like to see perform has quit doing concerts, bands broken up etc.

but here's a quickie list  

The Beatles

Rolling Stones

Bruce Springsteen

The Eagles/ Don Henley

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

@PattyDiane wrote:

What I would like to see is Tony Bennett with Lady Gaga.  I've seen Tony Bennett in concert and have had no desire to see Lady Gaga in concert, although I like her a lot.  I really can't abide the screaming crowds.  I have the feeling that the two of them together would be more to my taste and I might be able to hear the music.

By the way, I have also seen some performers "past their prime" and have still enjoyed the music.  I particularly enjoyed the Kingston Trio and the Brothers Four several years ago in Las Vegas.  

Not sure about Lady Gaga     but Tony Bennett  yes : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21

What I would like to see is Tony Bennett with Lady Gaga.  I've seen Tony Bennett in concert and have had no desire to see Lady Gaga in concert, although I like her a lot.  I really can't abide the screaming crowds.  I have the feeling that the two of them together would be more to my taste and I might be able to hear the music.

By the way, I have also seen some performers "past their prime" and have still enjoyed the music.  I particularly enjoyed the Kingston Trio and the Brothers Four several years ago in Las Vegas.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

@gatorgorilla wrote:

I'd like to see (and hear!) that Steve Perry got back with Journey and then I'd like to go see that group in concert.

Note to Diane:  it's great that you are finally going to see Bob Dylan in concert - have a great time!

That would be a good one!  

Thanks!   The older I get, the more picky I get about who I see, where I see them etc..  Seeing Bob at a theater in our Playhouse Square area.. hopefully it will a good venue considering : )

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

@loveabull wrote:

To tell the truth I don't want to see my favorites artists now...they're geezers meaning I'm...ready for the danged ice floe. If I could compose a super concert of bands or artists I didn't get to see in their time...

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Marshall Tucker

Weather Report with Jaco Pastorous

Deep Purple with Blackmore

Deep Purple with Tommy Bolin

Elton John with his original band

Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group ( I saw Jeff once in NJ but all I remeber was the rock n' ryeSmiley Wink

Well that is a darn good list : )   but I have to take issue with what you say... I have seen many artists long after their prime including Aerosmith my all time favorite band.   I think that this pretty much sums things up  " Loving eyes can never see"  anything besides the beauty of the music : )

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

Note to Diane:  it's great that you are finally going to see Bob Dylan in concert - have a great time!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

Oops I forgot Levon Helm and Janis Joplin

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

To tell the truth I don't want to see my favorites artists now...they're geezers meaning I'm...ready for the danged ice floe. If I could compose a super concert of bands or artists I didn't get to see in their time...

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Marshall Tucker

Weather Report with Jaco Pastorous

Deep Purple with Blackmore

Deep Purple with Tommy Bolin

Elton John with his original band

Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group ( I saw Jeff once in NJ but all I remeber was the rock n' ryeSmiley Wink

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

@nyadrn wrote:

We have talked before about those groups and artists that somehow we missed seeing in all these years of being music lovers.

Sometimes we finally get our wish and sometime we don't.

Who is on your list?   Do you think you will get to see them?

I will never get over feeling regret at never seeing Gary Moore in concert.  He was one of my favorite blues guitarists  and I lost my chance a while back.  RIP Gary.

I do have to report that I have never seen Bob Dylan live but I will be taking care of that in November as my sister really wanted to see him and we have tickets.  I told her that his shows have received some mixed reviews but she said. he is Bob Dylan  and that was that : )

Kudos
Views