Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What songs take you back in time?

Community Manager
Community Manager

What songs take you back in time?

Music can induce nostalgia quickly and easily!  What songs do this to you and how?  

There is an Irish song If You're Irish Come Into the Parlour, it immediately takes me back to my childhood where my parents would start dancing!

AARPTeri
Honored Social Butterfly

Wow I have so many I could list! For today,

I’ll go with “We may never pass this way”,

1973, Seals&Crofts, artists. This was my 

(gasp) 1974 High School Senior Prom 

theme song and it catapults me back to

1974 every time I hear it, which was the

first best year of my life!  😎💜

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes! So many songs that take me back to another day and time. This one takes me back to my senior year in high school. We were all into astrology, so this song is perfect. From 1969 . . . 

Aquarius / Let The Sunshine  -  The Fifth Dimension

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Oh How Happy:  Shades Of Blue

It was 1967 and I was heads over heels in love with Marianne.

This was our song.

Honored Social Butterfly

It's now the fall of 1967. I went to college in Clarion and Marianne was off to Juilliard school of music in New York City.  Our lifestyles had suddenly changed dramatically. In October, I went to visit and it was the last time I saw her.

We both cried as we broke up with Never My Love by The Association playing in the background.

Honored Social Butterfly

It's now the fall of 1968. My roommate Randy and I have begun entertaining the girls in the dorm next to us. We lip synced every Marvin and Tammi song. Randy was Marvin and I was Tammi. What a great way to meet girls!! We were a hit.

Honored Social Butterfly

Have I told you lately, 1989. Van Morrison

I walked down the aisle (for the second

time) to this absolutely beautiful song

Contributor

"If you say my eyes are beautiful" sung by Whitney Houston and Jermaine Jackson. Reminds me of a time and a special person I told that to and how true it was.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP