Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

What song reminds you of Mom?

Let's pay tribute to all the moms out there this Mother's Day! What song reminds you of Mom?

Silver Conversationalist

Release Me - Engelbert Humperdinck

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Crazy-By Patsy Cline

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

My mom loved Elvis. She also loved country music and loved when I played her any southern rock song on my guitar.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you Mom, Good Charlotte

In honor of my Mom, who turns 89

today. Luv you Mom! ๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ’œ

Joy to the World by Three Dog Night

Honored Social Butterfly

Take My Hand, Precious Lord - Elvis

My mom loved Elvis, and especially his gospel music. She also loved Celtic music, and the traditional song, Maggie and Amazing Grace. We played both at her graveside service. I always think of her when I play them. Why didn't I think to play the Elvis song, too? ๐Ÿ™  Well, she has Elvis to sing it to her now. ๐Ÿ˜‡  RIP Mom and Elvis. ๐Ÿ™

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Contributor

His Eye is on the Sparrow.  

Crazy Train - Ozzy ๐Ÿคช

Beautiful Brown Eyes.

0 Kudos

"I'm a Wild, Wild, WAC From Lackland Base..."  I know.  Odd.   Also, "There Is a Tavern In the Town" and "Will the Circle Be Unbroken>"

Bronze Conversationalist

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! You truly are the unsung heroes of families!

Contributor

For me, it is a collection of songs she sang when I was a small child.  I asked the pianist for my mother's memorial service to play "songs my mother taught me":

Lavender's Blue
Let Me Call You Sweetheart
Little Sir Echo
When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
I Love Paris
Oh You Beautiful Doll
In A Little Spanish Town
Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue
If You Knew Susie
Among My Souvenirs
My Blue Heaven

Honored Social Butterfly

Momma, Bob Seger

Happy Mothers Day to all us Moms!! 

Regular Social Butterfly

I loved her so but we needed to not know each other again...

Georgia 

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Contributor

It's A World Of Fantasy- The Five Stairsteps

Contributor

Hola: mariachi music in general, through the 20th century and now the 21st century.  We both developed a love for the mariachi arrangements musicians crafted, for songs that were contemporary at any time in our lives.  Cuidate, CL

A song from the 1920s called When You Wore a Tulip. My Mom learned it from her mother, and she taught it to me as a girl in the 1950s while we were washing dishes together in the kitchen. She also taught me Come Josephine, In My Flying Machine, which reminds me of my grandmother. Her name was Josephine and my grandfather used to sing it to her.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I did it my way

Regular Contributor

I fall to pieces by Patsy Cline reminds me of my Mom!!

(Let Me Be Your)Teddy Bear- Mom loved Elvis and I do too.

Just remembered, she would play Bumble Boogie on the piano- it always reminds me of her but I haven't actually heard it in years.

Contributor

Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World

Contributor

My mother was born in 1937 and passed away in 2011.  She loved many good songs, but "Moonlight Serenade" by the Glenn Miller Orchestra always reminds me of her because it was at the top of her list of favorites.  She even used to call it one of the most perfect songs ever written.

Contributor

My Mom loved Baby on Board by the Oak Ridge Boys. She always would start dancing to the very upbeat melody. She passed 2 years ago with Alzheimer's.

When I hear that song, I dance with her in my heart.  

Contributor

My mom would  sing "Let the sun shine in, face it with a grin, open up your heart and let the sun shine in." when she would open the curtains in the morning in the front room.  Of course all 5 of us kids would sing along.

Info Seeker

"In My Adobe Hacienda"

0 Kudos
Contributor

My mother & dad meet at a USO sponsored dance when my dad was in the army during WW 2. He was a โ€œYankeeโ€ from Boston and she a young 19 year old โ€œCarolina Bellโ€. Her name was Kathleen and my dad loved to sing โ€œGood Night Kathleen I will see you in my dreamsโ€ While this song is seldom heard today it will always remind me of their love. 
Francine Finn

Mom was always singing the Blues In The Night. Found out in later years she was a bit creative with the lyrics ๐Ÿค—

Contributor

Mom died last July at 89.  From childhood, I remember her listening to Ramblin' Rose by Nat King Cole all the time.  And when we were traveling and saw a Detour sign, she always sang, "Detour, there's a muddy road ahead, detour."  Much to the chagrin of my husband and children (now grown), I always sang that too whenever I saw a detour sign. That's all of the song I know, doubt I ever heard the whole song.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakoutยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP