Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What song reminds you of Dad?

Let's pay tribute to all the Dad's out there this Father's Day! What song reminds you of Dad?
Trusted Contributor

i think a great father's day song would be George Strait's song "love without end amen" it tells that a father's love for his children is forever.

Periodic Contributor

Dancing With My Father. Luther Vandross.

Contributor

The song that reminds me of my dad is James Brown's song " I Don't Want Nobody To Give Me Nothin, Open Up The Door and I Get It Myself"

Conversationalist

My Dad loved all kinds of music and introduced us to classical, standards, and his favorite, big band.  I don't think he ever had one favorite song, but he loved Glenn Miller, Guy Lombardo and Artie Shaw.

Contributor

Cat's in the Cradle  by Harry Chapin.

Contributor

โ€œDaddyโ€™s Handsโ€ by Holly Dunn makes me think of my father every single time I hear it. I was definitely daddyโ€™s little girl and was spoiled rotten! He was the hardest working man Iโ€™ve ever known in my life, and had the callouses to prove it. He owned a shoe repair/cobbler shop that had been his fatherโ€™s business. I have the best memories of going to work with him as a wee little one up until I had my own little girl! Sadly, he had to close the business due to multiple bouts with cancerโ€”the last surgery to amputate his arm. Itโ€™s been 33 years since he passed, and I still remember the strength, feel, and appearance of his hands. RIP, dear Daddy. Loving you forever & ever!

Contributor

"What a Wonderful World" is mine and dads song, the song taught me more than i knew back in the early 60's. It was who dad was. Also was going to be mine and dads song when i get married. Fathers Day,  this song will put a smile on our face from Heaven to Earth~๐Ÿ’ž

Contributor

"Goodnight Sweetheart" by Al Bowles - It was our bedtime song.

Contributor

(You Smile) 'And the Angels Sing'

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I lost my Dad 52 years ago February this year.  Every time I hear anything by Otis Redding, especially Sitting on the Dock of a Bay, I think of my Dad sitting on the sofa with a cigar and a cold beer.

Love and miss you so much.๐Ÿ’–

Terri 

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=RDrTVjnBo96Ug

Super Contributor

For You today Daddy:

Ain't No Sunshine...The Greatest Gift I ever had came from GOD & I call him Daddy.

In your Military Service, your USPOD Service & your Service to me as Your Gift from Above.

Forever Alwaysโค๏ธ

Happy Fathers' Day Yabba Daddy.

Honored Social Butterfly

"Take me out to the ball game" was our favorite. We used to sing it on our way to Connie Mack Stadium in Philly.

Social Butterfly

Father and Son-Cat Stevens

Honored Social Butterfly

My Dad liked all kinds of music (like father, like daughter) LOL.  He liked country music and western swing, but also enjoyed popular artists like Perry Como, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, and Andy Williams. But his favorite music was country music and western swing. He liked this song and band quite a lot. I'm playing this for you, Daddy. Miss you.  

Under The Double Eagle  -  Hank Thompson & The Brazos Valley Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5aiLxRcpg

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Bronze Conversationalist

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dad's out there!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@postman29 wrote:

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dad's out there!

๐Ÿ’ฅHappy Father's Day @postman29 . I know you are one awesome dad ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ฅ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks Angela, I appreciate that! Hope all is well for you today and always!

Bronze Conversationalist

Everything I Own-Bread (David Gates wrote that in memory of his father). To my late father-the words say it all Dad!

Honored Social Butterfly

My Dad (Who is 90!) loves the Righteous

Brothers. So today Iโ€™ll go with (Youโ€™re my)

Soul and Inspiration    Luv u Dad ๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ’œ

Regular Contributor

My Dad, also 90, was a Petula Clark fan back in the day.  So I will go with "Who Am I" by Petula. Not as popular as 'Downtown' or 'I Know a Place' but a good song just the same.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP