Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What's on your workout playlist?

What songs get you moving?  Share your favorite songs to work out to and yes I am sure there is more than one!  I'll start!

Beatiful Day by U2 - maybe not your typical choice but give it a try!

Did you know you can earn double points in January with some of our Rewards fitness milestone activies?  Check it out here:  

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/fitness/ 

AARPTeri
Trusted Contributor

The In-Studio Concert of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Albert King.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I enjoy working out with metal music. Todayโ€™s workout -

Hammerfall Essentials on Apple Music

If you havenโ€™t heard them before, they are a power metal band from Sweden. A lot of their songs have a classic heavy metal sound, similar to Iron Maiden, but they also do power metal ballads that are really good. Theyโ€™ve been around for 20 years or so, but they are โ€œnew to me.โ€  Here are a couple of samples - 

Last Man Standing  (classic heavy metal)

https://youtu.be/IOmMZBZGBps

Always Will Be  (beautiful ballad)

https://youtu.be/37Rhr_mKZbU

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

"Nobody But Me"  and I mean it.........

{The Human Beinz}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj3n3eCexPc&ab_channel=NedZahariev

0 Kudos

Well the counts and the sets is my music when I workout 

Racquel Evans
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

"Little Red Corvette"  is my all-time fav workout song... great warm-up then MOVE! ๐Ÿ˜‰

But I'll always work out with AARP Videos featuring Bryant Johnson and April Hattori (and Mom).

These have been my fitness routine during pandemic and I think they're one of the most important resources we have at AARP!

Thanks for providing them, AARP!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Contributor

I love classic hard rock, metal and 70s and 80s pop. My favorite artist ever is the legendary Alice Cooper who is still putting out great albums and touring up to 200 days a year. The Coop is frequently on playlist and a lot of 80s hair bands.

Honored Social Butterfly

Any Nightwish album or playlist works for me.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Contributor

I love Nightwish! One of my favorite bands.

Super Contributor

These are a few: 

Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run

Jackson Browne - Running On Empty

CCR - Run Through the Jungle

Conversationalist

I had my playlist sort of timed out so "Right Back Where We Started From" by Maxine Nightingale played for the last part of my running route. That thumping beat helped me pour on the coals for the final stretch, and get me right back to the park...where I started from.

Plus, disco music sort of justified the white polyester suit I used to wear while running.

Social Butterfly

Break on through, L.A. Woman, Roadhouse Blues - The Doors, are the ones i start my workout with then followed by what's on Sirius Xm's -The Boneyard.

Honored Social Butterfly

Burn - Deep Purple  ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ˜… 

Contributor

Downtown--By Putila Clark

Regular Contributor

Hey Teri, I prefer music that gets my footstompin and finger snapin. To get my adrenaline going I play Rock and Roll by Led Zeppelin and Welcome to the Jungle by Guns & Roses. Those are a few that really kick ass!

One Way Out and Jessica by Allman Brothers

Social Butterfly

Hope You Can Outrun That Freight Train by the Railroad Rebels gets me going!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Taking care of business by BTO

Super Contributor

Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic

My favorite workout music ๐ŸŽถ, We are 1 โ€ฆ,,,, by Blackcoffee

Racquel Evans
Social Butterfly

When it comes to cardio exercising nothing helps to rev up my heart rate from 70 to 128 (80 percent of my MHR) more efficiently than listening to some AC/DC Shoot To Thrill Thunderstruck or ZZ Top La Grange, Got Me Under Pressure.

Like a โ€œ51โ€, flathead, 95 horse, 6-cylinder jalopy you canโ€™t hold the pedal to the metal forever anymore. Thatโ€™s why I ease up on that pedal from hard rock to classic rock and listen to some Neil Young, Heart of Gold or Old Man to finish my routine and let my heart rate return to normal.

Trusted Social Butterfly

I tend to favor up-tempo instrumental music while exercising:

Freeway Jam - Jeff Beck

Future Primitive & Raindance - EKO

and, oddly enough, The Beastie Boys have a mostly instrumental album called The Mix Up including:

The Melee, The Rat Cage & Suco De Tangerina.

Then there's the more mainstream stuff like:

Green Onions - Booker T & The MG's

Wipeout - The Surfaris

Rebel Rouser - Duane Eddy

Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group

Pick Up The Pieces - AWB

Popcorn - Hot Butter

Trusted Contributor

I like all kinds of music.   The only genres I don't care for are heavy metal and rap/hip-hop that's vulgar.   I could listen to a little classical music when I work out.  I wouldn't say it gets me "pumping" but it tends to make me feel sensual; like I'm in Europe doing ballet.  Mostly I play rock style songs when I work out; and that gets me going.   

One song in particular that I can think of right now that gets me going is:

"Single Orphan First Year Camel" by Loop Guru

There are no real words to that song, but it's the beat that gets me going.  Give a listen sometime!  It starts off soft in the beginning but it really gets going.

Another one is:  "Amidinine" by Bombino.   Hearing anything by Bombino can really get you going.   I think he hails out of the Saharan Desert.   

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

These two from Neil Diamond:

Cherry Cherry

Canโ€™t stand still while the music is playing

Brother Loveโ€™s Travelinโ€™ Salvation Show

Honored Social Butterfly

Two songs that will stop me in my tracks and

break into dancing no matter what Iโ€™m doing:

Eight days a week, Beatles

Gypsy, Fleetwood Mac

Honored Social Butterfly

Get Back - The Beatles

Was working out the other day listening to The Beatles rooftop concert. This one will get the blood pumping!

Social Butterfly

Iโ€™ll second that โ€œGet Backโ€ documentary as a must see. Matter of fact Iโ€™ve seen it twice, 16 hoursโ€™ worth and Iโ€™m praying for a snow day so I can binge another 8 hours of it. They had 3 takes of the song โ€œGet Backโ€ on the rooftop and put one of them on the album. The movie gives you all 3 versions.

Honored Social Butterfly

Hoping for a Get Back DVD at some point. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

I just watched the "Get Back" documentary...so good!

Contributor

IN THIS ORDER"BLURRED LINES", ROBINTtHICKE, "500 MILES" BY THE PROCLAIMERS", "ZORBA'S DANCE" DAVID GARRETT,"DUELING BANJOS", DAVID GARRETT,"MY BEST FRIEND'S GIRL FRIEND"JOHN MELLENCAMP, "GREEN ONIONS", THE VENTURES, "NO HARD TIMES" MERLE HAGGARD

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP