Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What music in the last 10 years have you enjoyed?

Regular Social Butterfly

What music in the last 10 years have you enjoyed?

Wanting to get away from other ugly topics, I thought I'd ask, what "new" music do you like?

Personally, I've been into Disturbed and Badflower; very talented musicians.

Rap, not sure anyone could ever match Snoop for me, but listen to them as they arise; if they'd just stop using hateful references to women, law enforcement, and my race, I might be with them.

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

Wanting to get away from other ugly topics, I thought I'd ask, what "new" music do you like?

Personally, I've been into Disturbed and Badflower; very talented musicians.

Rap, not sure anyone could ever match Snoop for me, but listen to them as they arise; if they'd just stop using hateful references to women, law enforcement, and my race, I might be with them.

Listened to a couple of Badflower tunes. Lead singer has great pipes and they do acoustic versions, too. Good band.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

The Middle

— Jimmy Eat World

I Hate My Life

— Theory of a Deadman

(11 years old)

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just curious what "other ugly topics" you're referring to? Hoping your talking about politics or the world today and not what's posted here?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Of the newer artists, I like Adele and James Bay. I tend to like the singer-songwriter style artists. I especially like the Adele album 21, and James Bay album, Chaos and Calm.

A while back, I found an album on iTunes, that popped up because of my interest in groups like Deep Purple and Rainbow. To my surprise, the album was Voices by J.R. Blackmore (son of Ritchie and his first wife). I bought it and was not disappointed. The apple didn't fall far from the tree, in his case! He lives in Germany and is better known in Europe than here. 

From time to time I hear new songs that I like by different artists and will buy the singles. 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

You're correct, @BeatleloverKT , I'm growing tired of all day, every day being regarding the mess we have brought upon ourselves, so thought this might be diversion...

So thought bringing in current music talents would be helpful (at least to me; maybe that's selfish)...

Thanks for asking.

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP