Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What Would You Be? ๐ŸŽท๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿฅ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽน

Anonymous
Not applicable

What Would You Be? ๐ŸŽท๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿฅ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽน

• Alot of things provide a <sound> that we may or may not enjoy.
  • If you could <change> into any of these item(s), what would it be? And why?
  • On the flip side of this, what <sounds> do you dislike and why?
  • Note: Items donot have to be <band equipment>. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Feel free to <stop by each day to add to your previous list>. We luv hearing from you!!!
Silver Conversationalist

I USED TO HAVE A LITTLE FOUNTAIN IN MY HOUSE, IT LULLED ME TO SLEEP,  ONLY TO WAKE ME UP EVERY 2 HOURS TO PEE!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sweetjulieblueeyes52 wrote:

I USED TO HAVE A LITTLE FOUNTAIN IN MY HOUSE, IT LULLED ME TO SLEEP,  ONLY TO WAKE ME UP EVERY 2 HOURS TO PEE!!!

๐Ÿ’ฅLol @sweetjulieblueeyes52 those night time trips to tinkle are irritating. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Silver Conversationalist

I WOULDN'T BE A SOUND , I'D BE A FLY ON THE WALL AT THE CONCERT OF MY CHOICE. COURSE, I'D PROBABLY BE "BLOWN AWAY", LITERALLY. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I WOULDN'T BE A SOUND , I'D BE A FLY ON THE WALL AT THE CONCERT OF MY CHOICE. COURSE, I'D PROBABLY BE "BLOWN AWAY", LITERALLY. 

๐Ÿ’ฅLol @sweetjulieblueeyes52 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Anonymous
Not applicable

• Just thought of this as I have my <window> open to let in <nature> before Mr. Humidity arrives ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • Birds chirping!!
  • Nothing like listening to them in <real life or on those taped versions>. A great way to <relax and get sleepy>.
  • Another thing I hate is the noise from traffic. I am way too close to one of the very busy roads. Lol, and add those songs/music with <background> traffic. Yikes!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Stress.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I love the sound of of gently falling rain, and maybe just a little light rolling thunder with it. It's one of those nice sounds to fall asleep. 

@Anonymous and @sweetjulieblueeyes52  -  I'm with you on the wind chimes. I especially like the glass ones. It's such a pleasant sound.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MaVolta I luv rain when I am <inside> ๐Ÿ™„ And you are welcome to the <thunder> ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

LOL! I don't mind at all as long as it isn't a loud, threatening storm. Don't need that!

The sound I really hate are the jets passing over head. We are sometimes in the flight path on approach to the airport. Thankfully, they are usually not that low at this point!  

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Silver Conversationalist

I guess l have a mean streak but I'd like to be the ticking of a clock. Some people find it soothing, others are annoyed and can't sleep. When l was a little girl we had a wind up mantel clock that chimes every half hour and every hour 1 through 12 times. I could hear that clock in my bedroom and it was the sound of stability, of regularity, of order in my life. We came to the US from England when l was 9. We we're eating at the Greyhound bus station in NYC when the clock started chiming. My mother had carried that clock with her instead of putting it in the trunks. Needless to say we were very embarrassed, everyone was looking at us very strangely and that was our first people experience in the USA.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow @sweetjulieblueeyes52 we have the <British English in common>!!!!! I was taught by <English Nuns> in Jamaica West Indies. My dad was an American working there. I was born there. Came to USA at age 16. Lol, I had to learn that the letter <z> is pronounced <differently> in the USA. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ They say a <ticking clock> helps to soothe furbabies when they are taken from their mom. The ticking is like mom's heartbeat.

Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow @sweetjulieblueeyes52 we have the <British English in common>!!!!! I was taught by <English Nuns> in Jamaica West Indies. My dad was an American working there. I was born there. Came to USA at age 16. Lol, I had to learn that the letter <z> is pronounced <differently> in the USA. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ They say a <ticking clock> helps to soothe furbabies when they are taken from their mom. The ticking is like mom's heartbeat.

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes they do use clocks for soothing baby animals. And yes. It's hard to remember at first to say ZEE instead  of ZED. There are other words that my father especially never gave up saying. We say we're going to take a bath, he always said he was going to HAVE  a bath. The trunk if a car was still a BOOT to him and he never did pick up the American way of saying aluminum...good memories ...

Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous I want to be a piano. I loved the piano since I watched Robert Lamm of Chicago play, especially on Colour My World, and then Barry Manilow on Could It Be Magic, when I was a teenager. 

Social Butterfly

@postman29  When I was a teenager,  I liked Barry Manilow, Barbra Streisand and the Beatles. Eclectic I know. Still do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow @Rhymesometimes you are another <Beatle Fan>!!! Hmmm, quite a few of you on this thread I see  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous Hard to beat a classic rock band. Really love The Long and Winding Road.  I think it was their last recorded song.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@postman29 I remember those days of <mandatory> piano lessons ๐Ÿ˜ญ Lol, now I wish I had <continued and not rebelled> ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Maybe one day before I die, I will take some lessons.

Silver Conversationalist

I cant change the barking dogs and l would never want to change the chimes at Best Friends.

Silver Conversationalist

I Saw where someone posted chimes...I too, love the sound. I USED TO VOLUNTEER AT BEST FRIENDS ANIMAL SOCIETY IN KANAB UT. THE PET CEMETARY THERE HAS OVER 100 CHIMES IN CIRCLES AROUND THE PETS GRAVES.  I HAVE 3 CATS BURIED THERE. WHEN A LIGHT BREEZE FLOWS THROUGH, THE LIGHT TINKLING IS SO RELAXING, WHEN THE WIND BLOWS ITS LIKE A SYMPHONY. THIS CEMETARY IS ONE MY FAVORITE PLACES TO BE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I Saw where someone posted chimes...I too, love the sound. I USED TO VOLUNTEER AT BEST FRIENDS ANIMAL SOCIETY IN KANAB UT. THE PET CEMETARY THERE HAS OVER 100 CHIMES IN CIRCLES AROUND THE PETS GRAVES.  I HAVE 3 CATS BURIED THERE. WHEN A LIGHT BREEZE FLOWS THROUGH, THE LIGHT TINKLING IS SO RELAXING, WHEN THE WIND BLOWS ITS LIKE A SYMPHONY. THIS CEMETARY IS ONE MY FAVORITE PLACES TO BE.

๐Ÿ’ฅ That was me @sweetjulieblueeyes52 ๐Ÿ‘‹ ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Silver Conversationalist

ONLY THING THAT COMES TO MIND RIGHT AWAY IS THE SOUND I HATE. BETWEEN MY CLOSEST NEIGHBORS THEY HAVE 11 DOGS. WE HAD ONE UNTIL SHE PASSED LAST DECEMBER. ANYWAY ALL OF THESE DOGS BARK CONSTANTLY WHENEVER THEY ARE OUTSIDE. EARLY IN THE MORNING,  THEY'RE LIKE MY ALARM CLOCK. 5 OF THEM ARE YAPPY CHIHUAHUAS,  NO OFFENSE INTENDED TO THOSE WHO LIKE THEM,  BUT THE BARKING DOES BOTHER ME. WHEN WE MOVED HERE TO THIS VERY SMALL TOWN THERE WERE VACANT LOTS ON ALL SIDES OF US. IT WAS WONDERFUL. THERE'S A PASTURE WITH 7 HORSES THAT WE USED TO WATCH COME DOWN FROM THE RED BARN EVERY MORNING, NOW WE CANT EVEN SEE THE HORSES BECAUSE OF ALL THE HOUSES AND DOGS THEY HAVE BUILT AROUND US. THEY TELL ME IT'S PROGRESS, NOT SURE I LIKE IT BUT I SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING. TRYING NOT TO COMPLAIN, JUST SAYIN'

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sweetjulieblueeyes52 I luv furbabies but get very upset when they belong to <selfish> humans ๐Ÿ˜ค Bottom line, when you own them, they need their <human> to either move out into the forest or not have so many. So sorry you are going through this. I am with you and <progress> = missing my <green space and privacy> ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Honored Social Butterfly

Itโ€™s not listed but I would be a Tambourine.

No emoji for that lol. My reason is

because growing up I wanted to be Stevie

Nicks so bad! I spent countless hours in

my room, twirling like her with my pretend

tambourine! She is and always will be my

female Rock Icon ๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol @BeatleloverKT I use to <have to shake the tambourine> in prep school. Could never get the hang of it. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ I guess the USA equivalent would be <middle school>. I went to a Catholic Private School = you had no <choices> ๐Ÿ™„

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

• I will start things off with one thing and will add more later ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • I just luv <chimes>!!! Their sound relax me. Growing up as a child, I was always sitting in my Poinciana Tree, reading while the limb I was sitting on would rock me back and forth when it was a windy day. I guess that is where my luv for windy days came from. One of my Retirement Dreams is to live somewhere where the <wind> blows all day. Lol, I am sure if I had any neighbors, they would encourage me to move. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Too old now to climb any trees. ๐Ÿ˜ญ I still luv to watch their branches rocking back and forth. Reminds me of my childhood.
  • Hmmm, let me see - guitars are okay in a song/music I like, but after awhile begins to get in my <last> nerve. Especially the <high> pitch tones.
  • Now your turn..... ๐Ÿ™‚
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous wrote:
  • I will start things off with one thing and will add more later ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • I just luv <chimes>!!! Their sound relax me. Growing up as a child, I was always sitting in my Poinciana Tree, reading while the limb I was sitting on would rock me back and forth when it was a windy day. I guess that is where my luv for windy days came from. One of my Retirement Dreams is to live somewhere where the <wind> blows all day. Lol, I am sure if I had any neighbors, they would encourage me to move. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Too old now to climb any trees. ๐Ÿ˜ญ I So nice that we share something special. 
Chimes are cheerful, l especially love the big chrome ones that have resinous ring that seems like it could be heard for miles. So glad we have 2 things in common. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too @sweetjulieblueeyes52 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ˜€

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous Favorite sound: Young children laughing.

Favorite instrument sound: Piano, so versatile 

Least favorite sound: Rap music that is filled with profanity, violence, hate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhymesometimes wrote:

@Anonymous Favorite sound: Young children laughing.

Favorite instrument sound: Piano, so versatile 

Least favorite sound: Rap music that is filled with profanity, violence, hate.

๐Ÿ’ฅYes @Rhymesometimes I have <never> liked certain rap music. Seems like things have changed so much in the music world. Missing my 1970's era ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ’ฅ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP