Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What Song brings back memories

Message 81 of 347

I have really enjoyed reading all of these posts.. and all the memories that music brings with it...

and here is one of mine..    remembering those days and Bruce and his music!!

Thunder Road   1975     https://youtu.be/x5kXnq5IjdU

A thematic companion piece to 'Born to Run' (see No. 1 on our list of the Top 10 Bruce Springsteen Songs), this soaring album-opening cut follows a similar narrative but gets there in an entirely different way. Beginning and ending with moments of quiet reverie, 'Thunder Road' builds to a moment of determined hopefulness in between, symbolized by the unforgettable image of Springsteen running into Clarence Clemons' arms onstage during countless shows in the 1980s.

ps  hard to listen to Clarence without a tear or two!  RIP Big Man!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 347

"Over the Rainbow", from "The Wizard of Oz", also sung, very Nani, ( beautiful), by "Brother Iz", from Hawai'i, before he had died! If one has never "heard Brother Iz", sing, "Over the Rainbow", bring it up, on "U-Tube", you'll never listen to it, the "same way", again"!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 347

Harlem Nocturne by The Viscounts (1959). According to Wikipedia, the tune has been around since 1939 and has been recorded by just about everyone, but The Viscounts' version is by far the most earthy and moody instrumental I've ever heard. I challenge anyone to do a slow dance to this tune and not feel sexy.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 347

A Rose and a Baby Ruth -   George Hamilton  IV

Valley of Tears  -   Fats Domino

Troubles  -  Jackson Bros.

Someone Someone  -  Crickets

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 347

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 347

@loveabull wrote:

OMG as you get older what songs DON"T bring back memories? First one that comes to mind-

"Good Thing"-The Fine Young Cannibals

A background song in the movie "Tin Men". A concert I went to maybe 7 months pregnant...and Roland couldn't dance to save his life, but my daughter was in there feeling the beat so strong my buddy thought I'd go into labor that night. Then fast forward to that daughter as a hyperactive infant who would only go to sleep with music playing..."My GOOD thing WHERE have ya gone...", then fast forward a decade plus and that daughter estranged " Where have ya gone, ya been gone so long..." . Still a timeless song despite all that.

Great song and great memories!      and yes even the videos of FYC  are great...  I loved She Drives Me Crazy..  "that long blond hair"  !!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 347

Light My Fire:  The first time I heard this song(Late 60's), I was in the car with my Family heading out to the Franklin Institute for the first time. Every time I here that tune this memory comes back to me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 347

A more cheery one "Boom Boom (Out Go The Lights)- Pat Travers Live

At the time I lived at home, first serious boyfriend and thought I had all the answers...of course..." Way up high,way up high above your HEADS...still a good ol' party tune on my IPod.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 347

My mom's favorite song is Spanish Eyes

Kudos
Views