From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What Song brings back memories

Message 281 of 347
It is "I can't help falling in Love with you" by Elvis.  it was the first song my husband and I danced to.  We then danced to it on our wedding nite in March of 1977 and then Elvis died  that August.  My husband passed away 6 years ago this month and every time I hear that song I can still see us dancing and reliving the memories we made that nite.  
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 282 of 347
"Fascination"... or" Twilight Time"   MJ
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 283 of 347
Hitching a Ride brings back memories and anytime I hear the Letter by Colin Raye.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 284 of 347
All I Have To Do Is (Dream) by the Everly Brothers   It was very special to me in the 50's and it helped me later in life to get thru some hard times.
But the all time love song has to be "Unchained Melody" it's earie!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 285 of 347
Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple. I couldn't walk into a club way back then without the house band playing it!
John P Capizola Sr
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 286 of 347

SOUNDS OF SILENCE

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 287 of 347
In Response to What Song brings back memories:
What song evokes the strongest memories for you
Posted by AARPGuide

Donna Summer's Love To Love You Baby
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 288 of 347
Hey Jude...The Beatles
 I had been a WW11 evacuee from the UK to Sydney, Australia from 1940-1945 .I had to return to my parents as I was only 12 years old at the end of the war.  I never settled down in the UK and longed to return to Australia. My late husband just wouldn't listen....until 1968 ....he then said " let's go"   So ended my yearly trip to Australia House in Manchester, where I would watch others going for their Interviews, wishing it was my family.    I'd read The Sydney Morning Herald and The Australian Women's Weekly and dream of my favourite beach and bush walks.
   So we set sail for Sydney in September "68 .  After 5 weeks aboard,  late  one night a buzz went round the ship...." look at the lights....look at the lights'   Sure enough, as we sailed across the Indian Ocean..... there were the lights of Freemantle, West Australia. The tune that I will always associate with the thrill of seeing those lights was  " Hey Jude." It was playing over the loudspeaker thruout the ship.
My son Peter, whose funeral was only yesterday,  said to me only 2 weeks ago" Remember that night Mum, remember the tune ? You were just so happy then"  We had never spoken of it thru' all these years, I was amazed he knew and as I looked at the date, I realised it was just 45years since we arrived here. The Beatles were always  his favourites.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 289 of 347
sweet carolyn by neal diamond
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 290 of 347
"I'll Be Seeing You"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark