Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Moderator

What Song brings back memories

What song evokes the strongest memories for you Smile
Periodic Contributor

The Way We Were-Too young as a teenager to understand its' depth and Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head-Somebody who liked this song whom I will always love. Don't forget the Beach Boys or Beatles. A good time for me, but life dumb as a bunny.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The Way We Were-Too old to understand fully when I was a teenager and Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head-Somebody who liked this song I'll always love!
Periodic Contributor

In Response to Re: What Song brings back memories:
Marvin Gays "Whats goin on"
Posted by IsabellaRolandini

and Sexual Healing......
0 Kudos

In Response to What Song brings back memories:
What song evokes the strongest memories for you
Posted by AARPGuide

The songs that  brings back memories for me is "Reminiscing" by The Little River Band. Mostly, the music that I listened to from that era. Music helped with studying.Smile
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Posted by AARPGuide

"We've only just begun." I have no idea who recorded it, but this was the song at my first wedding; my husband died 10 months later.

It was a song by the The Carpenters. They had a few hits also, like "Close to You, etc She died a few years later after those hits, of bulimia.

Posted by AARPGuide

Then He Kissed Me
Contributor

In Response to Re: What Song brings back memories:
You Keep Coming Back Like a Song, Bing Crosby -- Blue Skies You guys aren't going back nearly far enough! 
Posted by sylann77

His "Far Away Places" is my favorite version, it does bring back memories.
0 Kudos

Ohio by Neil Young, recorded by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
Kudos
Views

Heartland's "I Loved Her First" and George Strait's "Carrying All Your Love With Me".
0 Kudos

You Keep Coming Back Like a Song, Bing Crosby -- Blue Skies

You guys aren't going back nearly far enough!  Kiss
0 Kudos

Marvin Gays "Whats goin on"

Chicago's  you're the inspiration
REO  I can't fight this feeling any more
Contributor

Posted by AARPGuide

Pink Floyd- Comfortably Numb
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

I enlisted in the Marine Corps for two years.  I completed 8weeks of basic training, then I was sent to another location for additional training.  I can remember the "jute box" in the commissary and the song "poor side of town" was being played
quite often.  Today, listening to a radio station that plays the "oldies", periodically they will play this song by Johnny
Rivers and in most cases, my thoughts go back to those days in the Marine Corps!!
0 Kudos

The songs from 1965 primarily when I was a teenager and also when engaged several years later. Hearing certain songs brings me back to certain locations right away and elicits such feelings!
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

The songs from 1965 primarily when I was a teenager and also when engaged several years later. Hearing certain songs brings me back to certain locations right away and elicits such feelings!
0 Kudos

Afternoon Delight!!!!!  Wink
Contributor

Go Rest High On that Mountain.
By Vince Gill
Contributor

Sonny & Cher's (I've Got You) Babe was the song my high school boyfriend & I considered "our" song.  47 years later, we now have added The Beach Boys "Wouldn't It Be Nice" as another song that described how we felt about each other both then and now.

There are so many great songs but the one that stands out and brings back the most memories is Don McLean's "American Pie". That song covers so much territory, and we can read into it what we will about the history of rock & roll.

Contributor

to sir with love
0 Kudos

Posted by AARPGuide

Louie Armstrong's, "It's a wonderful world"
0 Kudos

I'm from the start of rock n roll and live by it every day. Music is my passion. Elvis Presley"s music is played 24 hours a day in my home. When I write this it looks pretty lame. It's hard to pin point down one song. It seems to change by the day. For a long time my memory song is by Elvis and it is "One night with you."  Besides the Elvis connection, this song was popular when I met my husband. We will be married 51 years on June 30th. And yes he likes Elvis too. 
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

"How Can I Tell You (that I love you)" by Cat Stevens

"See Emily Play" by Pink Floyd.  It was the B side of their first US single, but announced a new way of thinking about rock.
Periodic Contributor

I don't think I did my post correctly.  The 2 songs for me are "Theme from Dr. Zhivago" ("Lara's Theme") because my daughter, who I named Lara, died at the ago of 13 due to Military malpractice and gross negligence.  Also, "You Are My Sunshine" because that was the song I always sang to her to let her know how very much I love her.  All I ever wanted to be was a Mother, and I don't understand how I have lived this long without seeing her beautiful face or hearing her sweet voice. What I look forward to the most is seeing and holding her again, with the Mercy and Blessings of God. 
Periodic Contributor

'You Send Me'by Sam Cooke!
Periodic Contributor

2 songs: Theme from Dr. Zhivago (Lara's Theme)--because my daughter, who I named Lara, died at the age of 13 from Military malpractice and gross negligence.  Also You Are My Sunshine because that was "our" song---the song I always sang to her.  All I ever wanted to be was a Mother, and she was my dream child.  I don't understand how I have lived this long without seeing her beautiful face or hearing her sweet voice.
0 Kudos

You will see her again and it could be SOON

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP