Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Moderator

What Song brings back memories

What song evokes the strongest memories for you Smile
Regular Contributor

"Till Then" by the Classics.

Twist and Shout, takes me back to my teenage Beatle years.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

i agree... twist and shout was a good song to dance to...and to sing alone... plus, you could understand every word the beatles belted out.... good choice of yesterday's songs.....

Regular Contributor

With a delusion I just can't shake about tracking Ft. Knox to predict events, the other horrible nightnare from galaxies across the universe is "A Child's First Christmas Carol", where the mother music sings a wife for the son, a Blue Whale slave monger in Mongolia, who pretends to be this son and tries to change clothes as the vultures watch them fight down the steps of the Temple, leaving nothing of the City but the cologne and salad and sand to haunt the Docs of space attempting to resurrect the Death March.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Long and Winding Road and Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
Knights in White Satin, Dark Side of the Moon
0 Kudos
Contributor

Long and Winding Road and Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

White Sport Coat & A Pink Carnation

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Could I Have This Dance    Anne Murray

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

But, then again, almost anything from the Moody Blues' classic seven albums would qualify as well.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Even the most stoic, hard-hearted person who ever fell in love has to have a soft spot for the Troggs' "Love Is All Around."
0 Kudos
Contributor

I fully agree. Doors were the best!
Honored Social Butterfly

Imagine   John Lennon    

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

U2  Sunday Bloody Sunday

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Periodic Contributor

At the prime of my life, age 40, I had been married twice, I fell deeply in love with an extroadinary man; kind, intelligent, caring, terribly handsome, for the first time someone who could really see the real me. Unfortunately, a drinking problem surfaced more and more. Tried everything to get him to stop. Had a NDE. I was so drained and emotionally wiped out after 7 years. The song WHAT I DID FOR LOVE I sang often with a small singing group that entertained residents in hospitals and nursing homes, etc. It has been 38 years since I was with him, but I love that song and still shed tears at having to let him go. The drinking never stopped.He was the love of my life.

Periodic Contributor

Ever since my father died, when I hear the song "Daddy's Hands", it makes me think of him and how even though he was sometimes strict he did what he did to teach me how to be a better person.  He loved me very much and I am the person I am today because of my father's love.  I really miss him a lot when I hear this song.

Periodic Contributor

Carly Simon

"That's the way I always heard it should be"

any songs from Woodstock

Average white band

Carole King

Earth Wind & Fire

loved reading all the posts also took me back

Regular Contributor

Where the Boys Are. Secret Agent Man. Wipeout. Solitary Man.
Regular Contributor

How about Brian Wilson and thr Beach Boys "God only knows" A true classic.

Regular Contributor

Our song was " Earth Angel" in 1957.
Regular Contributor

Our song was " Earth Angel" in 1957.
Contributor

Brick House by the Commodore remind me of the blue light basement parties back in the day. Dancing was truly an art when I think back to our moves! Shake it down down!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Anything off the SWEET BABY JAMES album.

@AARPGuide wrote:
What song evokes the strongest memories for you Smile

Fire and Rain

bbqchop
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

How about 'Fortunate Son' by Creedence. 

The Viet Nam conflict  was so awful, I think many of us boomers have locked away many of our feelings around it. Seems like the primary goal of every young man was to somehow avoid being drafted. Such a time of confusion and disillusion, for our parents had been part of an unavoidable and necessary war, which we actually won.  We were a generation torn between a love of country and the realization that our leaders were making terrible mistakes, for which young Americans and their families would pay dearly. God bless all the Vets. 

Regular Contributor

I was in my twenties when the album "Born To Run" by Bruce Springsteen And The E-Street Band was released in the mid-70's. Every song on that album is just spectacular. I know every word of every song. I can even play a few of them on my guitar (just not as good as Bruce and little Steven).

Bruce has come a long way and still produces amazing stuff to this day. Listen to the "Live In Dublin" album; or better yet, watch the video. Bruce is one of rock's rennaisance men (along iwth Getty Lee of Rush). Speaking of Rush,....OMG, another amazing rock group. Kinda' got off of the subject didn't I?

Honored Social Butterfly

@dchicks1 wrote:

I was in my twenties when the album "Born To Run" by Bruce Springsteen And The E-Street Band was released in the mid-70's. Every song on that album is just spectacular. I know every word of every song. I can even play a few of them on my guitar (just not as good as Bruce and little Steven).

Bruce has come a long way and still produces amazing stuff to this day. Listen to the "Live In Dublin" album; or better yet, watch the video. Bruce is one of rock's rennaisance men (along iwth Getty Lee of Rush). Speaking of Rush,....OMG, another amazing rock group. Kinda' got off of the subject didn't I?

"Born To Run" was spectacular - so glad you mentioned it!  I discovered Springsteen when that album came out, though he was popular in certain areas well before that.

A later Bruce favorite of mine, which just blew me away when I heard it, was "We Shall Overcome:  The Seeger Sessions".  He assembled such a great group of musicians for that album.  A fine salute to Seeger! Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Admittedly, there was some "experimentation" going on in the 60's and early 70's, so "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane is still a favorite (and I seem to have some memory of those days, or maybe 60's flashbacks.

Regular Contributor

Gilbert O'sullivan - Alone Again

Lorenzo Larry alvarez
0 Kudos
Contributor

Sparkle by Cameo.
Here We Go Again by The Isley Brothers.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The theme from film,  "Dr. Zhivago"...

I went off to college in fall of 1966.  In 1994 my dad finally got around to sharing with me that the theme from Dr. Zhivago always made him think of that first fall I went away, & how much he missed me.  Seems the song was playing on the radio a lot that fall.  Now, every time I hear the song, I think about my dad - he passed on in 1996 - & how much he missed me.  Kinda sweet & also bittersweet...  

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP