Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Moderator

What Song brings back memories

What song evokes the strongest memories for you Smile
Trusted Contributor

"Easy" by the Commodores brings back the memories of my family leaving my aunt's home in the South.

0 Kudos

What about " Indigadadavia" sorry for the spelling.
0 Kudos

The one song that I remember most is "New Orleans" by Gary US Bonds
0 Kudos
Contributor

American Pie. One of the best songs ever!

0 Kudos

Angel Baby by Rosie and the Originals-just beautiful-played it on the guitar on the boardwalk of the Outer Banks in NC for my daughter's weddingl

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Anyone ever hear " I wanta be with you" Deon Warwick played it on the jukebox everyday in Udorn Thialand

single not loner
0 Kudos
Contributor

Olivia Newton John - I Honestly Love You

Hall & Oates - Sara Smile ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

The very first show 1955
Everyday after school
Until Bandstand and music took over

Did you know
Johnny is Johnny Crawford
Don is Don Grady from My Three Sons.

The good folks at AARP have more important things to do they refuse to change my join date the true date is 12/09/2009
Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

"My Cup Runneth Over With Love" by Ed Ames. "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" (my mom would hold my hand and wait for the light and cross a city st. w/me; if it was in the Beatles' song, I thought it was cool to still hold Mom's hand at 5 years old); How Deep Is Your Love; Teach Your Children Well; What A Wonderful World (both Louis Armstrong and Herman's Hermits versions - 2 different songs, same title); Cherish; Never My Love (The Association); The Cover of the Rolling Stone. I had 2 older siblings, 12 yrs. older and 9 yrs. older, so some of their music is mixed in here; also songs heard every AM and afternoon on the school bus radio. Maybe times weren't such "Happy Days" in some ways, but the music made it all seem like it was. I was a child in the Vietnam Era, so I didn't understand some of the messages in the songs "in between the lines" til I was older. I feel sad for all the young people who died in that war. I worked w/a woman whose first job in nursing was in Vietnam. She said the average age of her patients was 19 years old. Bittersweet memories!

@AARPGuide wrote:
What song evokes the strongest memories for you Smile
Regular Contributor

Anything from Doo Wop to Disco from the mid 50s through the late 70s.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

When a Man Loves a Women . I wish I had found a man like that. Do they exist? ๐Ÿ™‚
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

OMG so so many! It will always be the best music ever. How I wish I could go back to yesteryear when everything was better, easier, safer "...............
Contributor

I like old rock and roll

Periodic Contributor

OMG so so many! It will always be the best music ever. How I wish I could go back to yesteryear when everything was better, easier, safer "...............
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I agree with you. I would not want to be a child growing up in todays world.
0 Kudos
Contributor

So many songs bring smiles to my face but must remember my first date in high school who bought me Beetle's Record (I want to hold your hand) and we met again in college and he was a DJ in a party played REUNITED for us.  Thanks for letting me remember these memorable moments this morning!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

So many years, so many songs....wow.

Beatles, CSN&Y, Dylan, 4 Seasons, Neil Young, Sinatra, Buffalo Springfield, Stones, Nat King Cole, etc. etc etc.

Ventura Highway in the sunshine, when the days get longer and the nights are shorter........

AMERICA!

Scubert's Art Lieder (Art Song).

0 Kudos
Contributor

Robert and Johnny sang "Your mine" and "We belong together" Agree favorites.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Saturday in the park I think, it was the fourth of July....by Chicago

Fall 1972, had just arrived into the NYC scene, and then later found out that  after Robert Lamm came back to the hotel from Central Park very excited after seeing the steel drum players, singers, dancers, and jugglers, said, "Man, it's time to put music to this!"

Periodic Contributor

OMG! So so many, wish I could go back to yesterday, when the music was better, and living was simpler, easier and safer!
0 Kudos
Contributor

They all bring back memories,it was the greatest time of my life.
Contributor

There isn't ONE song that brings back memories. Each song I hear brings back memories of an old friend or an old girlfriend, or something I was doing at that particular time, I met an old girlfriend at a dance and the song we danced to was by The Safaris. Image of a girl was the song. Another time I was dancing at a club in Atlantic Beach, and the song we were dancing to was "Baby I'm Yours" by Barbara Lewis. Another was "Hey Paul Hey Paula"  by Paul & Paula. That one brings back memories of coming home from the beach in my 1959 Impala convertible with 4 of my frriends. In short, the late 50's and early 60's had a memory associated with each song.

Periodic Contributor

I agree!
Periodic Contributor

Well now, since I've been a "Rocker" for years upon years:

Hush

Nights In White Satin

Sunshine of Your Love

White Room

I Think We're Alone Now

Mony, Mony

Somebody To Love

Dance To The Music

Born To Be Wild

Just to name a few!

Party by Boston it brings back so much. And let's us know live every day to its fullest. Cause u never know what tomorrow will be.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Misty and Deep Purple ! When we were dating and out dancing, we always requested these two. Still love them.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Misty by Erroll Garner is my all time favorite.

0 Kudos

There are so many, but I just saw "Jersey Boys" and every thing that Frankie Valli sang brought back memories.

Honored Social Butterfly

I also just saw Jersey Boys, thought it was good, music was great,

yes, alot of memories.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP