Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Moderator

What Song brings back memories

What song evokes the strongest memories for you Smile
Contributor

Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney and Wings. I proposed after hearing this song on the radio.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face...Roberta Flack

0 Kudos
Contributor

0 Kudos
Contributor

So
Many
Harbor Lights, Under the Boardwalk.
I was almost evicted from my home for playing
Jimmy Dee and the Starlighters too often!!
0 Kudos
Info Seeker

I think any of the Platters songs.  Especially Twilight Time, and My Prayer. 

Later the most special ones to me are Walk Right in by The Roof Top Singers, and King of the Road by Roger Miller.

Walk Right in because that was one of the last ones I remember before going to Viet Nam. 

King of the Road because that is the first one I remember walking down the street in San Deigo when we returned, 

Honored Social Butterfly

Misty by Erroll Garner

0 Kudos
Contributor

"When a Man Loves a Woman" reminds me of my first love (my high school sweetheart). I went to boarding school, and during the Summers, when I had to go home, I pined over him whenever I heard this song. Also "Rainy Days and Mondays", which I played all day, every day, after my college sweetheart left me for another girl. And last, but not least, "Our House", which was my college sweetheart's and my song. I can't resist singing along whenever I hear it.

0 Kudos
Contributor

One of my  alltime favorite songs is "What's Goin On" by Marvin Gaye.  It conjurs up old memories of my graduation, friends, college and thinking about the draft and ongoing war.  Bring The Boys Home by Freda Payne is another song of that timeframe.  Different songs for different times.  After I got marrried it was "Always and Forever" by Heatwave..  Too many oldies but goodies.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Dance With My Father Again~Luther Vandross.
0 Kudos
Contributor

"Only You" the Platters, I must of played that a thousand times on my parent's High Fi, drove them crazy.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

"Treasure of Love", Clyde McFadder and the drifters

0 Kudos
Contributor

"Sherry" by The Four Seasons. It was released in the winter of 1962. I was 14 and loved that distinct sound of Frankie Valli.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

"If I Loved You"  from Carousel

When I was in Vietnam the one I most remember was "We got to get out of this place"!

0 Kudos

The song that evokes the strongest memory is "Oh What A Night (Late December In '63) by Frankie Valle & The 4 Seasons.
0 Kudos

"Ride Captain Ride" from '70 by Blues Image reminds me of meeting my 1st husband. Liked that alot.

In high school it was anything early Beach Boys . Still love Beatles & Stones. Every decade has musical memories.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Anything by the Four Freshman - anyone remember them? Really hard to find thier old records or CD's.

Conversationalist

A DAY IN THE LIFE- BEATLES.. HAD MY VERY FIRST BOYFRIEND AND WE'D LISTEN TO IT WHILE WE KISSED.

Green Fields by The Brothers Four
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The Carpenters...'We've Only Just Begun'  ...Was graduating High School and heading off into the world.

0 Kudos

My favorite all time song is "Tell It Like It Is", so true.

0 Kudos

'Too Young' by Nat King Cole. It was played at our wedding 1n 1954
when I was married on my 19th birthday and my lovely bride was 17.
60 years have passed and we proved 'We were not too young at all.'
Ron Meyerson, now 79.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ron636 wrote:
'Too Young' by Nat King Cole. It was played at our wedding 1n 1954
when I was married on my 19th birthday and my lovely bride was 17.
60 years have passed and we proved 'We were not too young at all.'
Ron Meyerson, now 79.

awww what a nice story!   thank you for sharing it with us!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

1955 to 1964 DO WOP MUSIC is my trip down memory lane.  

@AARPGuide wrote:
What song evokes the strongest memories for you Smile

Pretty Little Angel Eyes

0 Kudos
Contributor

Love Doo-Wop!

My favorites:

'Tonite, Tonite' by the Mello-Kings

'So Much In Love' by the Tymes

"One Summer's Night' by the Danleers

Also:  Early Beatles

'I Want You, I Need You, I Love You' by Elvis

0 Kudos

There is nothing likie Paul Muriat's  Love is blue  Perfection

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I Only Have Eyes for You

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I am thinking of the song  Tammys in Love   Debbie Reynolds... thinking of my mom and she used to love and sing this song  : )

Honored Social Butterfly

"Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"

I loved that song and it was one of those that stayed in my head all day after hearing it on the radio.  I so wanted a bikini like that but couldn't find one.  I did find an orange and white gingham checked one and wore it to the lake with lots of my senior class the weekend before graduation.  I didn't let my parents know I had one, even though it was nothing like they are now.  It was a 2-piece suit and the bottom came just below the belly-button.  The secret was lost when I got a terrible sunburn in places that made wearing essential clothing painful.

Honored Social Butterfly

@PattyDiane wrote:

"Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"

I loved that song and it was one of those that stayed in my head all day after hearing it on the radio.  I so wanted a bikini like that but couldn't find one.  I did find an orange and white gingham checked one and wore it to the lake with lots of my senior class the weekend before graduation.  I didn't let my parents know I had one, even though it was nothing like they are now.  It was a 2-piece suit and the bottom came just below the belly-button.  The secret was lost when I got a terrible sunburn in places that made wearing essential clothing painful.

You always have good stories!!   I definately remember this song!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP