Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What Song brings back memories

Message 271 of 347
Anything by The Beatles!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 272 of 347
"Stairway to Heaven". Wow: http://youtu.be/mf2O3OAQjng
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 273 of 347
In Response to Re: What Song brings back memories:
A while back I started a project. I have created a list of songs that I like and have affected me in some way. I now have 10 gigs of music and it is growing. I have so many that are important to me, they may cause me to remember a moment, a person, or a time in space. One I really like, among thousands, is Ripple by the Grateful Dead. The band that has the most memories for me is The Beatles. I am not sure they did a bad song. My problem is that my life has had such a great soundtrack. I was born in 54 and so much good music has and is still being done. An old song that means more today is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KODZtjOIPg   
Posted by LoganSmith

I don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm transferring my music from my media player into iTunes and I have 10 gigs and I'm only in the "F's"!
John P Capizola Sr
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 274 of 347

Like so many of us, our music is the marker of memories! I was born in 1950, and from there, there is so much music that I've heard, and so many "favorites" that it would be hard to list them all or in part. And so many are personal and meanless to others. But like everyone else there are the few that shine in my memories and envoke some strong emotions of the days of my life. But like most, there's always one or two that stick or stand out. The one I think of most is a song that I heard in a little 3.2 bar where me and my best friends gathered to discuss the day and events in our sleepy little town. The singers name was Mary Hopkins, who was given a chance to try for fame by Paul McCartney, then of The Beatles, and the song was "Those Were The Days". And it fits so well as the captain of favorites, because of the time and that sleepy litle bar and the friends then.

"Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end. We'd sing and dance forever and a day.
We'd live the life we choose, we'd fight and never lose. Those were the days, oh yes, those were the days!"

Ah, where are the dreams and innocence of those days!
Update: Walk down town where that bar use to be years ago, and sadly it's not a bar any more!! But the building still stands, though it's an office now. It made me a little sad but again the song I refered to above came back again in sweet memory and I found I can accept it as things do change. I hold those memories and the friends of then and think"it was a grand time and I was fortunare to have it and them. Yes, "Those were the days my friend"!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 275 of 347
The Beatles, "We Can Work It Out" after a breakup when I was a senior in high school.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 276 of 347
I already posted one. But last night I listened to another that brings back memories. Hotel California by The Eagles. But not the original version, the one found on the "Hell Freezes Over" CD. It was good to see The Eagles back together again!
John P Capizola Sr
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 277 of 347
I've often said that Simon and Garfunkel wrote the sound track of my life.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 278 of 347
It is "I can't help falling in Love with you" by Elvis.  it was the first song my husband and I danced to.  We then danced to it on our wedding nite in March of 1977 and then Elvis died  that August.  My husband passed away 6 years ago this month and every time I hear that song I can still see us dancing and reliving the memories we made that nite.  
Posted by mehot

That was a love song to beat them all. I loved Elvis and danced to this many times at Hardeggers  in Madison Lake ,MN
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 279 of 347
In Response to Re: What Song brings back memories : I am not sure how funny this is, but.........     Warning, this will get into your head, and stay there! Julie Andrews Turning 79 - To commemorate her birthday , actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance at Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP. One of the musical numbers she performed was 'My Favorite Things' from the legendary movie 'Sound Of Music'. Here are the lyrics she used: (Sing It!) - If you sing it, its especially hysterical!!! Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting, Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings, Bundles of magazines tied up in string, These are a few of my favorite things. Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses, Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses, Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings, These are a few of my favorite things. When the pipes leak, When the bones creak, When the knees go bad, I simply remember my favorite things, And then I don't feel so bad. Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions, No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions, Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring, These are a few of my favorite things. Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin', Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin', And we won't mention our short shrunken frames, When we remember our favorite things. When the joints ache, When the hips break, When the eyes grow dim, Then I remember the great life I've had, And then I don't feel so bad. />>>>>>>>>>>>> > >>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>> (Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd -That lasted over four minutes and repeated encores.
Posted by BettyCM

this was so funny, I laughed out loud! gloria
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 280 of 347
Ah shucks, you guys, I go waaaay back... to 1945.  "Twilight Time" by the Three Suns. It was the theme song for late night music program.  I was 15 and the world was just opening up to me.  I have the 78 rpm in its sleeve in my cedar chest, and I found it on the internet, so I can still listen.  Remembering, remembering....
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark