What Musician(s) Would You Like To Meet? Why? ๐ŸŽผ

Anonymous
Not applicable

What Musician(s) Would You Like To Meet? Why? ๐ŸŽผ

• Musicians can be dead or alive.
  • Worldwide.
  • As many as you want to talk about.
  • Post daily if desired.
  • Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.
  • We luv hearing from you! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 comments (11/16/22) Tina Turner.

Recognized Social Butterfly

I would like to meet and dance with Black Coffee he is the best 

Racquel Evans
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments

When you never heard of someone or something Google 

Racquel Evans
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment

Girl the weather is nice today Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Racquel Evans
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Bono!  Someone once posed the question somewhere on this forum, that if you could share a pizza with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?  Bono was, and still is the answer to that question. Not only is he an extraordinary vocalist and songwriter, but a great humanitarian. He has used his celebrity to work for so many humanitarian causes, not only in his home country of Ireland, but around the world. He is especially known for his work to get US funding to fight AIDS in Africa. I love so many of his songs. They are written from the heart, and often quite emotional.

He is also one of the nicest celebrities around. This is a story that I read about him somewhere. Bono was having dinner with a friend at a restaurant. A newlywed couple on honeymoon from Ireland spotted him. The husband waited for Bono to step away from the table, and then approached the friend to see if Bono might sign an autograph for his wife, a big fan. Bono returned, and shortly, a bottle of champaign arrived at the newlyweds table. Bono wandered over to have a drink with them, chatted a while, and signed the autograph. When the couple got ready to leave, the waiter told them that the bill was already taken care of. They asked if Bono had paid for it. The waiter said no, that was Bob Dylan

So add Bob Dylan to this list, also! How cool was that? ๐Ÿ˜Ž  It would be a pleasure to meet another great humanitarian, a gifted songwriter who made a difference in our generation and beyond, and our Poet Laureate. Salute! ๐Ÿฅƒ

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

I would like to meet Queen - all of them but specifically Freddie Mercury.   Just because I like their music and think they were interesting people.

I would also like Harry Chapin because he was a great story teller.

Along the same lines, I would have also like to meet Tupac Shakur (aka 2Pac, Makaveli) - his music was good but the real reason is because of his poetry and lyrics - 

The Rose That Grew Out of Concrete.jpg

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Honored Social Butterfly

Speaking of The Stones - I'd like to meet Keith Richards! I've always said that someday science must explain Keith Richards. In his autobiography, Richards give a pretty good account of why he thinks he still walks amongst the living. It's written in his words, just as if he's speaking directly to the reader. No editorial cleanup, just him! He's as laid back and down to earth as one can get, seems to enjoy being around people,  very personable, enjoys playing with other musicians, and such a character! It feels like I already know him just from reading the book. (Quote below) It's great to have you too, Keith!

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix

Well I would like to meet Ten city and after we meet , Iโ€™m hopeful that they can take me to 10 Cities 

Racquel Evans
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, @MaVolta I am <confused>๐Ÿค” Is he <dead> and a spirit I guess? ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Oh heโ€™s very much alive!

Honored Social Butterfly

Another musician Iโ€™d love to meet is the

amazing Mick Jagger. Iโ€™ve loved the Stones

all my life and have always loved the fun

and energy Mick brings. Although I probably 

would pass out if I actually met him! 

Honored Social Butterfly

I'd have to start with Sir Paul McCartney. Have always loved Paul and his music whether Beatles, Wings, or solo.  I've heard that he is one of the nicest people to meet in person, is very kind, and often gives autographs.  It would be fantastic to meet Sir Ringo, as well. He's all about โœŒ๏ธโค๏ธ  so I think he would be great person to get to know.  Then meeting George and John would be icing on the cake. Maybe in another life? Who knows?  I do believe there is a spiritual realm out there where life goes on. George seemed to be very connected to the spiritual world. Yoko said that John was also a spiritual person, just not religious. I think that's true of all of The Beatles.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MaVolta I luv being around <spiritual folks> = no judging of other folks ๐Ÿ˜Ž Lol, I <avoid> the others! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ I am too <old> to change my ways....

Silver Conversationalist

I forgot MICHAEL MCDONALD!!!

Silver Conversationalist

Eric Clapton 

Neil Young

Robert Plant

Eddie Van Halen 

Don Henley

Joe Walsh

Linda Ronstadt

Toni Braxton

Freddie Mercury 

....because they're all so good at what they do...

Silver Conversationalist

Tina, John LENNON,  George Harrison,  Steve Perry (the voice) Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart

WHY? BECAUSE THEY ALL SPEAK TO ME!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sweetjulieblueeyes52 wrote:

Tina, John LENNON,  George Harrison,  Steve Perry (the voice) Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart

๐Ÿ’ฅWe need to plan a trip to go see <Tina> @sweetjulieblueeyes52 ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Silver Conversationalist

She officially retired in 2009. If you haven't seen it watch on YouTube,  Tina Turner Live in Holland.. fantastic show 

Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous I was lucky enough to meet the members of Chicago, my all time favorite band, at a meet and greet before one of their concerts about 4 years ago. It was a short meeting but I have a great picture with them on my wall. I had been able to high-five all of them at a concert the year before and that was cool too. The only other musicians I would have loved to have met (that I can think of) would have been Sinatra, Jim Morrison, Rob Grill of the Grassroots, and BJ Thomas. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is so awesome @postman29 !!!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Honored Social Butterfly

Hands down itโ€™s Stevie Nicks. The coolest

female rocker in the world!

Also meeting Lindsey, Mick, Christine&John

from The Mac would be awesome

Paul McCartney is another one but Iโ€™d

probably pass out if I actually met him!

Meeting Lennon, Harrison & Ringo would

totally complete my life ๐ŸŽผ๐Ÿ’œ

Anonymous
Not applicable

• Tina Turner.
  • Luv her <What's Luv Got To Do With It> ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • An <inspiration to me as a woman>. Overcame the odds. Way to go Tina ๐Ÿ‘
Conversationalist

I think Tina Turner was interviewed in the AARP [print] magazine within the last few months. I always enjoyed her music but liked her even more after reading the article. She's a very smart woman and has a very positive outlook on life.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

The list is really long, but interestinglyโ€ฆ

SnoopDog! Iโ€™m not into rap, although there are some songs that I like. And Iโ€™m not that familiar with his music. But, I  watched a documentary on his involvement with youth football, and have watched his series with Martha Stewart, which I really like. He might actually be a nice guy, interesting, and a real character!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@williamb39198 I just cannot <understand> what they rapping about ๐Ÿ˜Ž But some of the background music is cool!

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Me neither, but I think that they are real life storytellers, and it seems to be a musical art form. And there are some rap tunes that I really like when I hear themโ€ฆalthough I probably donโ€™t know the name of the song or the musicianโ€ฆbut I like them!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP