Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What Are Your Favorite Movie Themes?

Honored Social Butterfly

What Are Your Favorite Movie Themes?

I thought about posting a movie theme under favorite instrumentals, but then, there are so many!!  So, how about a topic for posting your favorite movie themes and soundtracks? And you don't have to pick just one. Name as many as you like.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Recognized Social Butterfly

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE... FROM MONTHY PYTHON

THEME FROM MASH THE MOVIE 1970

Kudos
Views

ANNIE

THE BAND WAGON

HIGH SOCIETY

Spoiler

THE KING AND I

GIGI

MERMAIDS STARRING CHER. 1990. BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY. REALLY GOT A HOLD ON ME.

HAIRSPRAY... GREAT SONGS AND DANCING.

WUTHERING HEIGHTS

Contributor

Baby the Rain Must Fall

Honored Social Butterfly

Moon River              Breakfast At Tiffany's

Regular Contributor

I love the Disclosure soundtrack.

Regular Contributor

This may be stretching the category a bit, but another unusual candidate in this category is Jerry Orbach, who appeared on Broadway in "The Fantasticks." Many people will remember Jerry Orbach from his years on the television program "Law and Order." Here he is in a distictly different and delightful role singing the song he introduced - "Try to Remember."

Social Butterfly

@babrahamsonwrote:

This may be stretching the category a bit, but another unusual candidate in this category is Jerry Orbach, who appeared on Broadway in "The Fantasticks." Many people will remember Jerry Orbach from his years on the television program "Law and Order." Here he is in a distictly different and delightful role singing the song he introduced - "Try to Remember."

That's awesome! I didn't even know he was a singer 🙂

Periodic Contributor

Oh, wow!!!! Shades of Ed Ames. I didn't know Jerry Orbach sang!!! Loved him in Law and Order.

Regular Contributor

Bond. James Bond. Shirley Bassey's classic voice put the signature touch on the 007 films. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Ocean1623wrote:

Bond. James Bond. Shirley Bassey's classic voice put the signature touch on the 007 films. 

Yes, she did! Goldfinger and Diamonds Are Forever are especially memorable.

James Bond Theme Music - David Arnold, composer - one of the best ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9FzgsF2T-s

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

From James Bond to -

Theme from Mission: Impossible - Lalo Schifrin, composer

This movie soundtrack recording is by U2 band members Adam Clayton and Larry Mullin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SGcncoqR8o

Contributor

Beautiful! Bah, was supposed to be a reply to the post with Jerry Orbach. Miss that man.

But as to soundtracks: lots and lots of Star Trek including some from the tv shows. The orchestral suite from The Inner Light episode of ST:TNG makes me cry frequently. Lord of the Rings soundtracks are amazing of course. Oohh Disney's Tarzan. So good when I'm feeling downtrodden. Mr. Holland's Opus is a good soundtrack too.

There are just too many that I own because they moved me and they help me relive the movies while I'm beading or coloring or working on cross stitching.

Honored Social Butterfly

Lost Stars    Adam Levine

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

One of my favorites from my favorite musician Heart

Aerosmith. I don't wanna miss a thing -(Armageddon soundtrack)

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Social Butterfly

WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT. LOVE TINA!!!

AGAINST ALL ODDS, SOUND TRACK ROCKS

Social Butterfly

OK WILL HAVE TO ADMIT IT- BACK IN THE DAY( DISCO DAYS?) WE LOVED THE SOUNDTRACK TO "ROCKY"- HAD IT ON 8-TRACK, NO LESS!
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)

COAL MINERS DAUGHTER: I FALL TO PIECES , COAL MINERS DAUGHTER, YOU AINT WOMAN ENOUGH, BACK IN BABY'S ARMS..... 

Social Butterfly

"SWEET DREAMS " FROM "SWEET DREAMS" DON'T KNOW IF JESSICA LANGE SANG OR SYNCED IT- BUT STUNNING!
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)

FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH: SOMEBODY'S BABY , LOVE RULES , RAISED ON THE RADIO , SPEEDING , UPTOWN BOYS , THE LOOK IN YOUR EYES.... 

THE LEGEND OF BILLY JEAN: INVINCIBLE, REBEL YELL , ITS MY LIFE , BOYS IN TOWN , SELF DEFENSE...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP