Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What Are Your Favorite Movie Themes?

Honored Social Butterfly

What Are Your Favorite Movie Themes?

I thought about posting a movie theme under favorite instrumentals, but then, there are so many!!  So, how about a topic for posting your favorite movie themes and soundtracks? And you don't have to pick just one. Name as many as you like.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

@mp8908 - That's two big winners!

Doctor Zhivago (Maurice Jarre) - Academy Award for Music Score, 1965.

Chariots of Fire (Vangelis) - Academy Award for Original Music Score - 1981

Interesting side note on Chariots of Fire - Vangelis, the composer, played all of the instruments, synthesizers, percussion, etc. and produced the soundtrack in his own studio. 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVoltawrote:

I thought about posting a movie theme under favorite instrumentals, but then, there are so many!!  So, how about a topic for posting your favorite movie themes and soundtracks? And you don't have to pick just one. Name as many as you like.

@MaVolta Good idea!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

Doctor Zhivago      Lara's Theme

Periodic Contributor

Brave.

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm going to lead off with this favorite from composer Ennio Morricone. Morricone is best known for writing the soundtrack compositions for the Sergio Leone "man with no name" classic films, aka "spaghetti westerns," starring Clint Eastwood. His haunting compositions capture the very essence of the movies, but this one is the stand-out for me.

The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly - Ennio Morricone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4&list=RDAFa1-kciCb4

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh boy   I loved this one!!!

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Contributor

the show is now on metv!  I watch it all the time

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP