Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

WILD and HILL songs

On July 30, 1966, the Troggs started a 2 week run at No. 1 on the US singles chart with “Wild Thing.”  The song is the inspiration for the theme of the first of two playlists this week, songs including the word Wild in their title.  Among some great songs are “Born To Be Wild,” “Wild Night,” “Wild Summer Nights,” “Wild World,” “Wild Is The Wind,” “Walk On The Wild Side,” “Wild Horses,” “The Wild Boys.”  A few Wild derivations lead to the inclusion of “Your Wildest Dreams,” “Wildfire” and “Wildflower.”

On this day in 1958 Kate Bush, British singer and songwriter, was born.  She had the 1978 UK No. 1 single “Wuthering Heights” at the age of 19.  Her 1985 UK No 1 album Hounds of Love spent 1 year on the UK charts.  She is having a bit of a resurgence with the prominent placement of her 1985 hit song “Running Up That Hill” in the 4th season of the Netfilx series Stranger Things.  Since the start of the new season, the song has gone viral, racing up the Billboard charts.

The song title lends itself to the second playlist featured this week, which includes songs with the word Hill in their title.  Among the song greats are “Blueberry Hill,” “The Fool On The Hill,” “Solsbury Hill,” “Red Hill Mining Town,” “One Tree Hill,” “Over The Hills And Far Away,” “Boot Hill,” and “Beverly Hills.” 

https://listentothemusicblog.com/wild-one-boot-hill-wild-hill-songs/

I hope that this music and my blog truly serve as a “revival: a new presentation of something old,” a springboard to return to the music of your youth, or perhaps to find artists you want to discover anew.  Rediscover the passion of music in your life.  Live in the moment.  Enjoy the moment.  Love the moment.  Listen to the MUSIC!

Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlists! I would add:

Wild heart, Stevie Nicks

Wild Honey, Beach Boys

Wild Child, Heart

🎼💜

Conversationalist

Can't believe I forgot Wild Heart, added.  Can't say I'm a big fan of the other two songs...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlists! I really like both of them. My add ons for Wild -

Wildflower - Bon Jovi

Wild Honey - U2

Wild Honey Pie - The Beatles 

Bad Boys Running Wild - Scorpions 

Wild Cild - Scorpions 

Beyond My Wildest Dreams - Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris 

My only add on for Hill -

Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden

My favorites on that list are Gary Moore’s OTHAFA, along with the Nightwish cover. I 💛both versions! 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Conversationalist

Great additions (though the Beatles song is just not for me, lol!), Love Mark Knopfler, and interestingly he and Emmylou are already on the list with other songs.  And Run To The Hills is already on the Hill list.

Honored Social Butterfly

High On A Hill:  Scott English

Mansion On The Hill:  Bruce

Conversationalist

Added the Boss 😉 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP