Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

WHY AREN'T THE SEEKERS AND THE MONKEES NOT IN THE HALL. OF FAME

Bronze Conversationalist

WHY AREN'T THE SEEKERS AND THE MONKEES NOT IN THE HALL. OF FAME

THIS IS A MUSICAL INJUSTICE.BOTH THESE BANDS ARE DESERVING AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN INDUCTED. JUDITH DURHAM IS A FANTASTIC SINGER AS IS MICKEY DOLEZ OF THE MONKEES. BOTH BANDS HAD LOADS OF HITS AND NEED TO BE INDUCTED

Honored Social Butterfly

This is what I can find on some rockers that have been snubbed from the HOF-

Warren Zevon- 26 years and counting

Iron Maiden- 16 years 

Devo- 18 years

Tina Turner- 22 years

Joe Cocker- not sure how long but he's dead now and they still haven't enshrined him!

And the four they passed over this year-

Pat Benetar- 18 years 

Thin Lizzy

Todd Rundgren

Dave Matthews Band

Sadly, if they can't enshrine any of the above, they will probably never even consider the Seekers or the Monkees. I'm sure it's political correctness that drives it all.......

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The Seekers were one of my favorite groups of the '60s.  Tina Turner is another one that blows my mind.

Here are a few more - - - 

Three Dog Night

Steppenwolf

The Guess Who

Jethro Tull

Johnny Rivers

Tom Jones

Foreigner

. . . and the list could go on and on.

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Bronze Conversationalist

normally any hall of fame is a reward for talent  extra ordinary incidents and rising to the pinnicle of success. however this is not true in the music hall of fame. all these groups are deserving of enshrinement but the powers that be are tinned ear. until they start recognizing these fine talented bands i will never support this venue in any way. i know they could care less but this is my protest to musical hall of shame.  the carnival is not over its just resting

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP