Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

WHO, WHEN & WHERE WAS THE BEST CONCERT YOU EVER SAW?

Regular Contributor

WHO, WHEN & WHERE WAS THE BEST CONCERT YOU EVER SAW?

I produced almost 200 rock shows with some of the biggest names of the 60s, 70s and 80s - AC/DC, Aerosmith, The Allman Brothers Band, Blue Oyster Cult, Charlie Daniels, Dire Straits, Jerry Garcia, J. Geils Band, Hall & Oates, Joan Jett, Billy Joel, Journey, The Kinks, Dave Mason, Tom Petty, Pretenders, Procol Harum,  Ramones, Santana, Steppenwolf, Van Halen, Yes just to name a few. I wrote it all down in a memoir: Babysitting A Band On the Rocks. (Available at LTCDS.com > Webstore . Books.) But hands down, MY FAVORITE SHOW WAS not one that I was involved with. It was PINK FLOYD performing THE WALL at Nassau Coliseum!  I was lucky enough to score 4th row seats, on my birthday!

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE SHOW?

Pink Floyd at Nassau Coliseum, February 1980

pf-nassau-80.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

I've seen some awesome rockers in concert over the years: David Bowie, ELO, Beach Boys, Huey Lewis&the News, Madonna were all stand outs. Far and above are the three times I saw Fleetwood Mac, once in Atlantic City and twice at the Wells Fargo Center In Philly. We took our son to the first one, he was 12 and grew up listening to them constantly because of me. It was a Sunday night and like clockwork at 10:00 he fell asleep sitting in his chair ( we had great seats on the floor) during their encore. We had to wake him up, which was hysterical. He did the same thing the next year when his Father took him to see the Charlie Daniels Band lol 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP