Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHO, WHEN & WHERE WAS THE BEST CONCERT YOU EVER SAW?

Message 1 of 13

Hey the best concert that i saw was Paul McCartney at Joe Robbie Stadium now called Hard Rock Stadium in Miami in 1989 as soon as as Paul opened up with""Live or Let Die ""  the aroma of weed was in the air and dancing to _""Get Back""" in the isle the security guard told us to Get Back in our seats!! Really was a great concert!! And many more that I seen!!! I will post a list later!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

THAT is one incredibly special music memory!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

I worked with .38 Special a few times, great Southern boogie!

I was lucky enough to work with Tom Petty once, when he was very young and promoting their 2nd album, You're Gonna Get It.  They were opening for the J. Geils Band in a 2400 seat theatre that I managed on Long Island.  We knew that it wouldn't be long before he and The Heartbreakers would be the headliners.

In July of 2017, my sons treated me to seeing Petty at Forest Hills stadium on what would be his final tour.

Tom Petty at FH.jpg

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

Never saw the Moody Blues, unfortunately, but I saw Jimmy Buffett as the opening act for Eagles on their original Hotel California tour in the mid-70s.  Buffet was promoting the Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Atittudes album and the birth of "Maragitaville!"

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

I loved John Denver and saw him in concert 4 times

but my favorite is John Cougar Mellencamp

lucky enough to sit front row center as he

played my favorite song "Hurt So Good"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Gi5SAYi6g

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

August 1968 at the Singer Bowl in Flushing Meadows (the 64 World's Fairgrounds): Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin with Big Brother And The Holding Company, the Chambers Brothers and the Soft Machine. Not a bad evening...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

@BeatleloverKT  - What a great story! You can't beat that!

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

@MaVolta triggered a forgotten memory for me. It was the late 80's and I was in California for a business trip (either San Fran or San Diego, I cant remember) I had come up to my room to change for a gathering I didn't really want to go to when I heard this singing outside. I realized that it sounded like the Moody Blues. I went out to my balcony and realized it really WAS the Moody Blues! Having a concert somewhere within ears distance. I changed into my pj's, grabbed a glass of wine and sat out on the balcony and listened to their beautiful music. I, also have always loved the Moody Blues. I guess this should really be my number one choice- a great band and it was FREE lol

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

I haven't been to a lot of concerts, and mostly from 90's and beyond. One of the best was Jimmy Buffett. He was in Houston at an outdoor arena about 12 or so years ago. There's no way that you go to a Jimmy Buffett concert and not have a great time!

Another good one was The Moody Blues. They were in Austin probably late 90's. Always loved that band!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

I've been lucky to see some great bands....although I wish I had seen Tom Petty...RIP!

I can reflect on how BOSTON back in late 70's early 80's was absolutely amazing but I would have to admit the one I had the best time at would probably be .38 Special....man they can get the crowd to their feet dancing, singing...What some good times!!!  In all fairness just about every time I went, some I seen 2 or 3 times, each show was unique in it's own way. 

I hope this will be an interesting thread as it goes on....thanks for posting!

Kudos
Views