Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

WHO GETS YOUR VOTE FOR THE 2020 Rock Hall of Fame?

Honored Social Butterfly

WHO GETS YOUR VOTE FOR THE 2020 Rock Hall of Fame?

Well the Class of 2020 is here for the Rock HOF! You can vote daily until January 10, 2020 for five nominees.

These are the nominees-

Pat Benetar                            Motörhead

Dave Matthews Band            Nine inch nails

Depeche Mode                      The notorious B.I.G.    

Doobie brothers                   Rufus featuring Chaka Khan

Whitney Houston                 Todd Rundgren

Judas Priest                         Soundgarden

Kraftwerk                              T. Rex

MC5                                     Thin Lizzy

WHO GETS YOUR VOTES FOR 2020?

Silver Conversationalist

First of all Happy New Year to everyone!!! I was out of town for a while glad to be back!! I was disappointed about the results as well!! No Pat Benetar Dave Matthews Thin Lizzy really! Well glad to see the Doobies in yeah!!! I have to agree they do wait to long for the old classic rock and roll bands !!! 

Honored Social Butterfly

So my brother, who is a carbon copy of me in the music department in a male body emailed the Rock HOF to express his displeasure in the fan results. His email entitled "You got it wrong, again" said "You have proven you don't listen to the fans. BS political correctness and appropriate diversity vs actual R&R wins again. Good luck getting people to visit." He is pretty angry! Their response was, IMO totally pathetic and laced with BS. They claim the top 5 fan vote getters form one ballot, which is weighted the same as the rest of the submitted ballots. If they don't get enough votes from the voting body, they have to nominated again to be eligible for induction. Sounds like a load of junk to me! 🤮

Honored Social Butterfly

Thin Lizzy. Still waiting. 😢

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Silver Conversationalist

Here's my pic for the rock and roll Hall of Fame                              Pat Benetar                                       Dave Matthews Band .                   Doobie Brothers.                              Whitney Houston .                         Rufus Chakah Kahn I also vote everyday!!

Honored Social Butterfly

The results are in for the Rock Hall fan vote and the top five are in order- Dave Matthews band, Pat Benetar, Doobie brothers, Soundgarden, Judas Priest. Are you happy with the results? I for one only have two in there that I voted for. And FYI Dave Matthews band got over one million fan votes! The inductees will be announced January 15th so stay tuned.......

Honored Social Butterfly

I was rooting for the Doobies (yea!), and I like Pat Benetar, too, but no Thin Lizzy Cat Sad .

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

The Rock HOF announced the official inductees for the Class of 2020 and I, for one am SHOCKED at the results. Here they are in no particular order-

The Doobie Brothers

Whitney Houston

Depeche Mode

T Rex

Nine Inch Nails

The Notorious BIG

I thought there were only five inductees, but apparently not. I am shocked that Pat Benetar did not get in and also Dave Matthews Band. How do you feel? Are you happy or sad with the results?

Honored Social Butterfly

So the top five vote getters doesn't mean beans? I haven't been happy with Rock HoF for some time. Too many great classic rock bands have been snubbed, and by the time some are finally acknowledged, some members may have already passed. Sigh....

Glad to see the Doobies are in.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta  I am very disallusioned at the fan vote. I don't understand how a group that gets over a million fan votes (Dave Matthews band) doesn't get in and why they chose some of the inductees over Pat Benetar. T Rex in but not Thin Lizzy? Don't agree. And Todd Rundgren still not in? Doubt that I'll even vote again. Also agreed they often wait too long- Classic example is the forever snub of the Moody Blues, by the time they got inducted in 2018, Ray Thomas had already died. Sad

Honored Social Butterfly

@BeatleloverKT  - Agree. From what I've read, it's all about the $$$$$$, and record labels courting favors.

Contributor

PAT BENETAR

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The Doobie Brothers

Thin Lizzy  (It's about time!)  RIP Phil Lynott, we miss you.

Honored Social Butterfly

Todd  Rundgren

T.  Rex

Honored Social Butterfly

My five votes are:

Pat Benetar (a shoe in)

Doobie brothers (another shoe in)

Whitney Houston (doubt she'll make it in)

Todd Rundgren (passed over last year)

Thin Lizzy ( always loved them)

I VOTE EVERYDAY!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP