Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

I’ve been listening to the newer Night Ranger albums. I didn’t know I was such a fan!

• Somewhere in California (2011)
  • Don’t Let Up (2017)
  • ATBPO (2021)

The first two have been really good, starting on the third one today.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Late for the sky, Jackson Browne, Amazon Music

My fav album of his- never get tired of it! 🎼💜

Honored Social Butterfly
Honored Social Butterfly

Fleetwood Mac Essentials, Apple Music

And if you don’t love me now

You will never love me again

I can still hear you saying

You would never break the chain…..

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Bronze Conversationalist

Where Do We Go From Here  -  Alicia Keys ----->  Alicia Keys - Where Do We Go From Here (Lyrics) (From End of the Road) - YouTube

Try Me, I Know We Can Make It  -  Donna Summer  ---->  Donna Summer - Try Me, I Know We Can Make It (Oasis Records 1976) - YouTube

😎     💃     🕺

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Rod Stewart, Greatest Hits, YouTube 🎼💜

Honored Social Butterfly
Honored Social Butterfly
Social Butterfly

"Save Myself" - Ed Sheerhan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXM0JdAwabU 

Honored Social Butterfly

All 60’s, Amazon Music. So far have heard:

Beatles

Stones

Mamas&Papas 

Otis Redding

CCR

Great songs on here! 🎼💜

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

At this moment, Fernando by Abba is playing on youtube.  Good song.

Honored Social Butterfly
Honored Social Butterfly

Moody Blues Greatest Hits, YouTube 🎼💜

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Different Game - The Zombies (2023 Album)

This album just dropped today and it is a beauty! Founding members Rod Argent (keyboards, vocals) and Colin Blunstone (lead vocals) are still at the core of the band. Sounds modern but still has that 60’s vibe. If you are a fan, check your favorite streaming service. 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly
Honored Social Butterfly
Honored Social Butterfly
Regular Contributor

I'm really into Barns Courtney right now; he's an interesting songwriter. I'm also listening to Violet Orlandi, The Struts, Dorothy, The Black Keys, Gin Wigmore, The Interrupters and All Time Low. And First to Eleven, a cover band that's covered everyone from Metallica to Britney Spears to Post Malone. Often, their cover is better than the original. 😮

Social Butterfly

Been listening to a fairly new ( maybe started 10 years ago or more) Aussie Psychedelic Rock band called Tame Impala. Not wow, I gotta go buy all their stuff but, they remind me of the old time psychedelic rock that a band could give you good music from the equipment you could load in the back of a van. I like the ones I listened to, but I will post one.

"List of People (To Try and Forget About)" - Tame Impala - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwaYflHAIGQ 

Honored Social Butterfly

Fleetwood Mac Essentials, Apple Music

Always a “Mac” kinda day……

Honored Social Butterfly

Lindsey Buckingham (2021 self-titled album)

Honored Social Butterfly

Manic Street Preachers - If You Tolerate This (Your Children Will Be Next) (1998)

The future teaches you to be alone
The present to be afraid and cold
"So if I can shoot rabbits then I can shoot fascists"

Bullets for your brain today
But we'll forget it all again
Monuments put from pen to paper
Turns me into a gutless wonder

And if you tolerate this then your children will be next
And if you tolerate this then your children will be next
Will be next, will be next, will be next

MSP IYTT.jpg

...gif

Regular Social Butterfly

Sounds important. But, what does "This" refer to? It's too ambiguous. Without being more specific, it sounds like they're promoting being rebels without a cause. Disagree? I'm ready to back it up.

For starters, "Survival Of The Fittest" (which was/is widely promoted and accepted) by itself suggests/implies that there is intrinsically a present threat that justifies being afraid of and cold towards. Therefore, that would be the starting point without actually verifying if there really is a threat or not. Then, by definition, there can only be just one "fittest" left standing and alone. This mentality was a "monument" put to paper, that the lyrics of this song seems to be another "monument" put to paper to address. Now, which of these two "monuments" actually results in turning one into a gutless wonder? If it's true that "Monuments put from pen to paper Turns me into a gutless wonder", then why are you/them trying to do the same thing?

Bullets for your brain today, But we'll forget it all again? May that's because bullets are not the answer, but wisdom instead is. Don't confuse rejection with forgetting.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP