Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

The Police Message In A Bottle

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

The Police Every Breath You Take

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Neil Diamond Holly Holy 

Honored Social Butterfly

Neil Diamond I Am I Said

Honored Social Butterfly

Sam Smith Too Good At Goodbyes

Just stumbled onto this. I didn't know Sam was back from hiatus (weeeee!).  His delivery enchants, always.

Honored Social Butterfly

Adele Make You Feel My Love (Live)

Honored Social Butterfly

Adele Live at Radio City Music Hall 2015 

Honored Social Butterfly

Idris Elba The Road Less Traveled

(I didn't know he sang. He co-wrote this as well.)

Honored Social Butterfly

In a playful mood on this Friday morning.

Cyndi Lauper She Bop

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper I Drove All Night

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper Money Changes Everything

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper Who Let in The Rain

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper That's What I Think

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper At Last

(wow)

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper Boy Blue (live)

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper What's Going On

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper Change of Heart

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper True Colors

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper Time After Time

Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Adele Turning Tables

Honored Social Butterfly

Adele Chasing Pavements

Honored Social Butterfly

Adele Don't Your Remember (Live)

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Adele When We Were Young (Live)

Honored Social Butterfly

Adele Set Fire To The Rain (Live)

Honored Social Butterfly

Adele Someone Like You

Conversationalist

At the moment I'm listening to the last Steely Dan CD, with the sadly ironic title of 'Eveything Must Go".  Sad because it IS the very last Steely Dan album, and ironic because of the death of Walter Becker (1/2 of Steely Dan) so it IS the last SD album, at least there will be no more with Becker.

Donald **bleep**en  is out on tour with his own band and as he was the principal lead singer for Steely Dan it's conceiveable he could continuue the name, but I doubt it.

[edit] I see another example of political correctness gone too far.  The stupid "**bleep**" was NOT my doing when I correctly spelled Donald F's last name but this website's  hypersensitive  auto-policing changed it.

While I can sort of understand the system's deleting the first three letters, although it's also what the English call a cigarette, what gets me is that they were part of the man's NAME and had FIVE letters in it,  not three!

I sincerely hope I don't see this kind of  pointless and unnecessary censorship again.  There are other discussion forums out there.

Honored Social Butterfly

@jims730656 wrote:

At the moment I'm listening to the last Steely Dan CD, with the sadly ironic title of 'Eveything Must Go".  Sad because it IS the very last Steely Dan album, and ironic because of the death of Walter Becker (1/2 of Steely Dan) so it IS the last SD album, at least there will be no more with Becker.

Donald **bleep**en is out on tour with his own band and as he was the principal lead singer for Steely Dan it's conceiveable he could continuue the name, but I doubt it.

Yes it is sad.  It is also what makes great music so precious.  It will never be recreated.  How many of us just dying for another Zeppelin album but knowing it was not possible.   All we can do is cherish what we have.  ❤️

Conversationalist

@nyadrn wrote:

Yes it is sad.  It is also what makes great music so precious.  It will never be recreated.  How many of us just dying for another Zeppelin album but knowing it was not possible.   All we can do is cherish what we have.  ❤️

I have always said that when an artist passes away they never really die because their work survives them.

I said something like than  about a week ago when a good friend of mine called my show and informed me that his partner of almost 40 (also a friend) years had passed away.  She had put out a great CD a few years ago and I was fortunate enough to have it with me so I played a tribute to her.

Apparently her whole family was also listening and it made me feel good about doing that tribute as Jeff had said they thought it was good as well.

But they weren't merely words.  I honestly believe that part of an artist will never die when their work is remembered.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP