Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

Message 2631 of 3,343

The Sanford-Townsend Band was a blue-eyed soul group featuring Alabama keyboardists Ed Sanford (from Montgomery, AL) and Johnny Townsend (from Tuscaloosa, AL), who previously worked together in a Tuscaloosa-based band called "Heart", not to be confused with the band of the same name fronted by Ann & Nancy Wilson from Seattle/Vancouver.

After reuniting in Los Angeles, Sanford and Townsend signed a publishing deal with Chappell Music and began writing songs, most notably "Peacemaker" for Loggins and Messina, which was co-written by the duo with Kenny Loggins.

Their 1976 self-titled album started getting attention when "Smoke from a Distant Fire" reached No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 1 in Cash Box, recorded at the famous Muscle Shoals Sound Studios in Alabama. The album was re-released using the song title as its own. The band supported the song by opening for Fleetwood Mac on their Rumours Tour, as well as concerts with the Marshall Tucker Band, Charlie Daniels, Jimmy Buffett, Foreigner, Heart and others.

This was a great!! single. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2632 of 3,343

Wow! When I posted it I was thinking "is anybody on here going to know who they are or ever listened to them."

I think that is my favorite right now....must listen the the cd a few more times.

In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?:

Just arrived in the mail today....loving it so far.  Great band to see live.

Like Clockwork                             I love "My God is the Sun"!

Queens of the Stone Age 

...Like Clockwork is the sixth studio album by American rock band Queens of the Stone Age, released on June 3, 2013 on Matador Records in the UK and on June 4 in the United States.

Release date: June 3, 2013

Artist: Queens of the Stone Age

Label: Matador Records

Songs

1    Keep Your Eyes Peeled   

2    I Sat by the Ocean   

3    The Vampyre of Time and Memory   

4    If I Had a Tail   

5    My God Is the Sun   

6    Kalopsia   

7    Fairweather Friends   

8    Smooth Sailing   

9    I Appear Missing   

10  Like Clockwork   

Posted by SandeRLyons

Posted by michaeljkelly21

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2633 of 3,343

Great band. Great choice.

Warner Bros. Records

One of the ’70s’ most energetic and enduring double live albums was released 35 years ago, and from the start, fans knew what they were in store for: The cover photo pulls them out of their seats, over the barricades and face to face with the leather-covered crotch of an instrument-wielding rock star.

Thin Lizzy’s celebrated ‘Live and Dangerous’ vaulted the hard-working, and even harder partying, quartet as close as they’d ever come to mainstream success in their U.K. homeland, making it to No. 2 on the chart.

But the Irish group, which was founded in Dublin back in 1969 by singer and bassist Philip Lynott, drummer Brian Downey and original guitarist Eric Bell, struggled to make themselves heard among the era’s other more popular hard-rock power trios. Their souped-up cover of the traditional Celtic folk song ‘Whiskey in the Jar’ got them noticed, but they were written off as a novelty and had to start at square one again, gradually building a loyal following with Bell’s twin-harmonizing replacements, Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson.

Posted by nyadrn

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2634 of 3,343

Warner Bros. Records

One of the ’70s’ most energetic and enduring double live albums was released 35 years ago, and from the start, fans knew what they were in store for: The cover photo pulls them out of their seats, over the barricades and face to face with the leather-covered crotch of an instrument-wielding rock star.

Thin Lizzy’s celebrated ‘Live and Dangerous’ vaulted the hard-working, and even harder partying, quartet as close as they’d ever come to mainstream success in their U.K. homeland, making it to No. 2 on the chart.

But the Irish group, which was founded in Dublin back in 1969 by singer and bassist Philip Lynott, drummer Brian Downey and original guitarist Eric Bell, struggled to make themselves heard among the era’s other more popular hard-rock power trios. Their souped-up cover of the traditional Celtic folk song ‘Whiskey in the Jar’ got them noticed, but they were written off as a novelty and had to start at square one again, gradually building a loyal following with Bell’s twin-harmonizing replacements, Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2635 of 3,343

Like Clockwork                             I love "My God is the Sun"!

Queens of the Stone Age 

...Like Clockwork is the sixth studio album by American rock band Queens of the Stone Age, released on June 3, 2013 on Matador Records in the UK and on June 4 in the United States.

Songs

2    I Sat by the Ocean   

4    If I Had a Tail   

5    My God Is the Sun   

6    Kalopsia   

7    Fairweather Friends   

8    Smooth Sailing   

9    I Appear Missing   

10  Like Clockwork   

Posted by SandeRLyons

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2636 of 3,343

Like Clockwork

Queens of the Stone Age

Songs

2    I Sat by the Ocean   

4    If I Had a Tail   

5    My God Is the Sun   

6    Kalopsia   

7    Fairweather Friends   

8    Smooth Sailing   

9    I Appear Missing   

10  Like Clockwork   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2637 of 3,343

Good choice. Me and my son in law listened to this on Sunday..he wanted to hear it on vinyl.

Dreamboat Annie

Studio album by Heart

Released

February 14, 1976

Recorded

July - August 1975 at Can-Base Studios, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Genre

Hard rock, folk rock

Length

40:02

Label

Mushroom

Capitol

Producer

Mike Flicker

Dreamboat Annie is the debut album by American rock band Heart. It was released in the United States on February 14, 1976 through Mushroom Records. It contained three hit singles which became staples on FM radio. Producer Mike Flicker helped the group to polish their sound and obtain a recording contract with the label.  This is a great album!!

Happy birthday to Ann Wilson  born on this date in 1951!!

Posted by nyadrn

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2638 of 3,343

Dreamboat Annie

Studio album by Heart

Released

February 14, 1976

Recorded

July - August 1975 at Can-Base Studios, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Genre

Hard rock, folk rock

Length

40:02

Label

Mushroom

Capitol

Producer

Mike Flicker

Dreamboat Annie is the debut album by American rock band Heart. It was released in the United States on February 14, 1976 through Mushroom Records. It contained three hit singles which became staples on FM radio. Producer Mike Flicker helped the group to polish their sound and obtain a recording contract with the label.  This is a great album!!

Happy birthday to Ann Wilson  born on this date in 1951!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2639 of 3,343

Listening and smiling.

My grandson just turned 9 on Father's Day and here with me for a few days of celebrating. He had a request and of course, I couldn't say no.

He wanted me to make him a CD of Blondie songs...so I did while he was sleeping. He now had a huge smile on his face...woke up to the CD waiting for him.

Ian's Blondie CD

1. Heart of Glass

2. Atomic

3. One Way Or Another

4. Mother

5. Call Me

6. Rapture

7. The Tide Is High

8. Picture This

9. Hanging On The Telephone

10. Dreaming

11. Denis

12. Maria

13. Good Boys

14. Undone

Posted by SandeRLyons

He has good taste !!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2640 of 3,343

Listening and smiling.

My grandson just turned 9 on Father's Day and here with me for a few days of celebrating. He had a request and of course, I couldn't say no.

He wanted me to make him a CD of Blondie songs...so I did while he was sleeping. He now had a huge smile on his face...woke up to the CD waiting for him.

Ian's Blondie CD

1. Heart of Glass

2. Atomic

3. One Way Or Another

4. Mother

5. Call Me

6. Rapture

7. The Tide Is High

8. Picture This

9. Hanging On The Telephone

10. Dreaming

11. Denis

12. Maria

13. Good Boys

14. Undone

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors