Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

THE BEST OF ZEP

BLACK DOG

Led Zeppelin Black Dog 1973
6 min - Aug 7, 2007
Uploaded by ledzep17395

www.youtube.com

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

some summer stuff : )

Joe Cocker Summer In The City Live on MTVs Most ...

4 min - Mar 3, 2009
www.MTVsMostWanted.com
dailymotion.com -
Related videos

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by labguy49

Sounds like a good song for this hot summer weather and no doubt it is much hotter down in your neck of the woods.

Kenny Chesney's No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems
4 min - Sep 30, 2007
Uploaded by LostandOTHanw

www.youtube.com

gonna sit right here and have another BEER IN MEXICO

no shirt, no shoes, no problem....

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

bob marley & ub40 - red red wine (video)
4 min - Aug 25, 2006
www.dailymotion.com

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

I agree with you J.   The look ups take a lot of time.  If people are reading and enjoying them and posting that is great but if not then I see why you would discontinue.

I enjoy the song title topic but wish there was more discussion and topics.  Not sure why?  What do you think?

Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Good one Diane.  Posting birthdays today and asking if anyone is reading them besides you.  If no one posts a reply I may discontinue the topic.  Your new today in rock lists the main ones and it just it isn't worth the time to do the research and all if no one is reading them.  New posters seem to only be posting in the song title game.  We need more activity elsewhere too to keep this group alive.  What do you think?

J.

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Me too!  Glad we have some new members posting here.

And speaking of posting, someone sent me this and I had to share it .. it is a great salute to the US Military by none other than Gene Simmons of Kiss 

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Rated 4.9 out of 5.0

- 5 min - May 28, 2007 - Uploaded by myklcro35
HQ Gene Simmons' military tribute with ending!-taken from his A&E show.

Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

You and me both.  Miss alarvie, jerryjingles, tony, catwoman Diana, and so many others.

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Hi J

Great!  I am really happy that you will be able to see these great acts.  Boy what a difference here from past years when everyone was discussing current tours and what they were going to see etc...  I miss those days for sure   

Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Thanks Diane.  Hopefully, I'll see him.  It gets pretty crowded down there.

Listening to John Hiatt now.  Seeing him next Saturday.

J.

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Hi J

I am really glad that you are going to be able to see him at Summerfest!!!

I am sure it will be a great show.. it enjoy it for me too  : ) 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I'm listening to Jeff Beck's "Blow by Blow."  It's his birthday today and I'm really looking forward to seeing him tomorrow night at Summerfest.

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

WHISKEY IN THE JAR    THIN LIZZY  WITH PHIL LYNOTT 

Thin Lizzy-Whiskey in the jar
3 min 51 sec - Jan 30, 2006
Uploaded by mycroft

www.youtube.com

Thin lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar | Full Version ...
6 min - Sep 20, 2008
Uploaded by morgie8

www.youtube.com

IT MAKES ME SMILE TO SEE THE COMMENTS ABOUT THIS BEING A METALLICA SONG  : )    AND ALSO THE HOPE THAT THE NEWER FANS WILL TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN TO THE THIN LIZZY VERSION..

DIANE

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

This is a terrific jazz performance with Chris Botti and Sting.. the beautiful (Moon Over) Bourbon Street

Chris Botti & Sting - Bourbon street
5 min - Apr 23, 2008
Uploaded by razzmaster78

www.youtube.com

Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Well, it seems you can find just about anything on youtube.

J.

Periodic Contributor

you can even find "Eating Aunt Matilda's Double Yummy Blow Your Mind Out Brownies" - does ANYBODY else remember that song sorry for the double post, but I forgot to check "email me" on the first post 🙂

Ellsie
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

you can even find "Eating Aunt Matilda's Double Yummy Blow Your Mind Out Brownies" - does ANYBODY else remember that song?
Ellsie
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

I watched the show Intervention tonight and wondered about the music they play at the end..   I was surprised to find in on youtube

The Davenports- Five Steps (Saving Private Ryan)
2 min 31 sec - Apr 6, 2009
Uploaded by zeldahalomanhunt

www.youtube.com

Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Thanks Diane.  Always loved that one and of course I have his greatest hits as well but you probably knew that. 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Hi J

I know what you mean.  Most of us listen to these great songs from collections we have or on the radio etc.. Sometimes I go to youtube and then just find myself looking at all kinds of things.  I love the old videos of my favorites...   Robert Palmer and his great videos  Zeppelin and then just tons of others. 

Today listening to Bryan Adams, I went and found this terrific video to his beautiful song.

Diane

Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?

4 min 57 sec - Oct 31, 2008 - Uploaded by bryanadams
Video director: Anton Corbijn Shot in Spain at Casa las Pavos Reales, Malaga Starring Cecilie Thomsen and Amira
youtube.com -
Related videos

this was found through google and so it is different from the youtube direct posts which I know you now J. 

Periodic Contributor

still listen to vinyl and cassettes; do have some CD's, and sometimes the cable 70's music channel - everything from The Beatles to Zappa - but really big on Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (single, duo, trio, quad - if you're a fan, you'll know what I mean), Dylan, & Clapton. As for new SuanTedeski  & DrerekTrucks really kick out some rockin' new tunes!

Ellsie
Honored Social Butterfly

@lc8091 wrote:

still listen to vinyl and cassettes; do have some CD's, and sometimes the cable 70's music channel - everything from The Beatles to Zappa - but really big on Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (single, duo, trio, quad - if you're a fan, you'll know what I mean), Dylan, & Clapton. As for new SuanTedeski  & DrerekTrucks really kick out some rockin' new tunes!

My husband and I are huge fans so we definitely do know what you mean re Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young!  Kudos to you for mentioning them, from single thru quad.  Other than their trio and quad work, my particular favorite is Crosby & Nash as a duo. Smiley Happy

(BTW, I do not remember that Aunt Matilda song, but am wondering how I managed to miss it; that title makes it sound unforgettable!) 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Thanks Diane.  I have a CD of all his hits.  Love it.  I don't go to youtube too often since I have so much to listen to here at home but I do like to use it to check out new artists or to share new artists with others.

J.

Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

Here is a great song you don't hear much anymore   Bad Case of Lovin You  Robert Palmer

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QNLfQkHQlE8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QNLfQkHQlE8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

this was the embedded code from youtube

this is the share code  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNLfQkHQlE8

Regular Contributor

Sailing Shoes, Sneaking Sally thru the Ally. one more but can't remember ; Robert Palmer !
Great tunes !
Honored Social Butterfly

Mark Knopfler at Madison Square Garden, 2019

great concert!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Carly Simon Greatest Hits on YouTube.
It’s just 
“The right thing to do”  lol  🎼💜

Super Contributor

In Response to Re: Re: Re: Re: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

Hey D

No problemo!  I was just asking out of curiosity.  Keep on experimenting.

J.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP