Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by glendaann

IMO this performance falls a bit short of the recorded version's rhythm counterpoint between Taj's on-the-beat staccato strummed National Steel guitar and Jesse Ed's on-and-off-the-beat riff, then overlaying the Bass riff making it perfect and very infectious. It was that precise arrangement that made it one of my very favorite recordings.

(The J.Geils Blues Band of the time also knew the infectiousness of slow and open arrangements. We saw them often at the Woodrose Ballroom in Deerfield MA.)

Taj's jazzy delayed vocal (again over a Jesse Ed riff) on "cuckoo" (same album) is also brilliant.

BTW I went to UMass with Taj, and remember the "Battles of the Bands" between "Taj & The Electras" and "Steve & The Esquires" at the Student Union. Taj played jig band music iwthi his fingers on a Fender (Strat?), and Steve did a signature backflip off the stage during a "cover" (NPI) of James Brown's "Please, Please." I also remember jamming with Taj in the practice rooms while he played John Henry on slide banjo...HB, Henry!

Incidentally, Buffy (St. Marie) was at UMass during the same period.

0 Kudos

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by rlenny12000

Oh Happy Birthday today to Taj Mahal!! One of my favorites and this has good footage of Jessie Ed.

Janese...since you  appreciated Keith Richards's humor you should read his book, Life. Full of humor, he's a really funny guy.

Taj Mahal Leavin Trunk

6 min - Jun 11, 2009 - Uploaded by trevmm
great blues
www.youtube.com/watch?v=y94e3XGyezo

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by bonjovi

7 min - Jan 10, 2011 - Uploaded by warrenhaynesofficial
The new album from Warren Haynes, "Man In Motion" will be in stores on May 10th through Stax/Concord. The Warren Haynes Band will be ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6aB1Br7mQ0

Warren Haynes Band-Take a Bullet/I Wish

10 min - 6 days ago - Uploaded by Markndannsue
I had to cut this song short to get it down to YouTube's 10 min. limit, but this is the best of it. Warren Haynes Band Orpheum Theatre, Boston ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MgK6UsPYoQ

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by nyadrn

You've got that right Diane.  It's getting closer and my excitement is building.  Did you get to see Keith Richards on Jimmy Fallon the other night?  I recorded it.  He is really quite funny.

J.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Melissa Etheridge

5 min - Dec 21, 2008 - Uploaded by punkee96
Melissa Etheridge's song "Please Forgive Me" from the Live and Alone DVD from 2002All television shows, movies, books, and other ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcUWWgEUUSU

4 min - Aug 11, 2007 - Uploaded by remase73
Recorded live at the "Doheny Mansion" in Los Angeles, CA, October 10, 1995 Lyrics: Come on baby lets get out of this town I got a full tank ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBYYJ73MsM

5 min - May 17, 2009 - Uploaded by PretzelFarmer
Melissa Etheridge Music Hall, Köln(aka Cologne), Germany June 17th, 1993 01) Ain´t It Heavy 02) The Angels 03) Chrome Plated Heart 04) No ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1syj5jq8s

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

4 min - Nov 30, 2010 - Uploaded by AdeleVEVO
Music video by Adele performing Rolling In The Deep. (C) 2010 XL Recordings Ltd.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw

4 min - Jan 25, 2011 - Uploaded by SaleemSabbagh
Adele performing Lovesong from her album "21" live from Tabernacle, London. I do not own this material
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH_fc3qU_SQ
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Here is something completely different. 

Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi - Rome - Feat. Jack White and Norah Jones Album Stream. Jump from track to track by selecting 'next' or 'prev' by the 'eye ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1vX24a4BSo&list=PL76858BF67F75... - Cached
Posted at 11:01 AM ET, 05/13/2011

Album review: Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi, “Rome”

It’s one of the year’s most adventurous unions, this teaming of Italian composer Daniele Luppi and Danger Mouse, the producer and artist who is one half of both Gnarls Barkley and Broken Bells, with help from
capricious doer of cool things Jack White.

The end result, “Rome,” is vast and ambitious and atmospheric and weird: the spaghetti western reinvented as a hipster art project. It’s a jumble of interludes and semi-conventional tracks (such as White’s spindly “Two Against One” or the spacey indie-country song “Black,” one of several tracks here featuring Norah Jones) with the feel of a soundtrack.

In addition to White and Jones, Luppi and Danger Mouse recruited a number of Ennio Morricone old-timers, many of them veteran musicians and singers from such classic Morricone scores as “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.” They lend the proceedings an equal measure of liveliness and sobering authenticity.

— Allison Stewart

Recommended tracks: “Theme of Rome,” “Black,” “Two Against One”

By Allison Stewart  |  11:01 AM ET, 05/13/2011

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Enjoy the countdown my friend  🙂

There's nothing like a great concert with your favorite artist  : )

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Glenda,

That was awesome!  I got to see Eric at Summerfest a while back.  I was right up front and got some great pics which you can see in the photo section here. 

Hope Diane got to see Keith Richards on Jimmy Fallon the other night.  He's really quite funny.  He was promoting his book and his role in the Pirates of the Carribean movie.

One week from tomorrow and I'll be rocking to Jon Bon Jovi. 

J.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi D,

The smaller venues are so cool and the price is right too.  Only paid $25.00 for our tickets.  I checked the site and no photos yet.  They may post some on their facebook page.  If they do I'll let you all know.

J.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Lenny,

You're very welcome!  I think if I had the choice I would have taken Neil too.  Wishbone Ash was great but Neil is amazing.  Seen him once in concert.  Well, one week from tomorrow and it's my Bon Jovi concert.  Can't wait.  Look for my review on the Bon Jovi topic page.

J.

0 Kudos

Yeah, love the Stones. If you haven't read Keith's book, Life, I recommend it.

But today, Happy Birthday to Eric Burdon, and wait, yes, for Janese.......he's with Bon Jovi on this one. ')

Bon Jovi & Eric Burdon - It's My Life~ We Gotta Get Out Of

7 min - Aug 24, 2006 - Uploaded by MudR0ck
Bon Jovi It's My Life We Gotta Get Out Of This Place 1995 Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_knAeixBwyc

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I do love Keith and the Stones.  They were the first rock and roll band I loved.   I will never forget the first time I heard Satisfaction on my little transistor radio.. I stopped and was like.. what did he just say  LOL  oh man that was the start  : )

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hey there!

Thank you for the great review.. It is really smart of you to pick a venue you like and go there on a regular basis..  First row eh  : )  Cannot do much better than that unless you are playing in the band.  I will go and check the pics at the site.  Pretty soon bands will be fighting over you for number one fans : )

0 Kudos

On this day in history, Keith Richards was released from the hospital after brain surgery. He's a tough one. Gotta love Keith.

Keith Richards guitar chops fan, 1981

15 sec - Feb 1, 2006 - Uploaded by witz
The Rolling Stones were playing "Satisfaction" when a fan stormed the stage - Keef didn't like that, so he banged on the fan's head using ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_P1vfZYo4
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank for the review,i love Wishbone Ash.They played in my part of town in late April but Neil Young played around the same time so i missed them this time.That is great that you got great seats.I saw Nils on May 5 and he was amazing.He played the harp,acoustic,electric,piano and he even tap danced.I posted a new song called Miss You Ray,a song remembering Ray Charles and other people in his life including his dad.Keep in touch.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Hi Diane and all,

Here's my review of the Wishbone Ash concert:

The band was truly awesome despite the fact that there is only one original member (Andy Powell).  We were in the very front row.  I didn't bring a camera because usually it is too dark and the site posts pictures at www.shankhall.com.   The guys played like they had been together from the beginning.  Bob and Andy had the moves down like Richie & Jon.  Some great guitar playing.  Also, a great drum solo.  We had an awesome time and we're now looking forward to Savoy Brown with Kim Simmonds at the same venue on June 2nd. 

Janese

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Dhani Harrison and his under the radar group  I love the haunting melody of this song.

4 min - Mar 3, 2008 - Uploaded by thenewno2music
Another John Doe Dir: Oliver Hecks
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWhj_WEuVZI

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Well that is ever so cool  : )  I am excited for you my friend.  I kno you will have a great time.  Pics would be good : )

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Listening to the Argus CD by Wishbone Ash in preparation for tonight's concert.  Really excited.  We have a reserved table since the bass player in my friend's band knows all the guys from Wishbone Ash.  How cool is that?

J.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Listening to Faith  George Michael 

This is one of my favorite albums..  I liked just about every song. 

George Michael - Father Figure - youtube.com
6 min - Oct 2, 2009 - Uploaded by georgemichaelVEVO
Music video by George Michael performing Father Figure. (c) 1987 ...

George Michael Look At Your Hands

5 min - Dec 27, 2009 - Uploaded by melodiesunshine1
George Michael. "Look At Your Hands" from the Faith Album
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIMHfR4NZk
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I like your post  : )   and  I like The Band!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? I want to add a site? by nell2

Hi and welcome to the group and congratulations on having such a talented granddaughter.

I am not sure how you mean you would like to add her site here?   You may post it via a link in your post so that we can check out her music if that is what you mean.  Let me know.

Is she on youtube?

0 Kudos

On this day in history, why didn't the Tokyo police realize it was all a misunderstanding!! Rick said so.

The Band - It Makes No Difference

5 min - May 18, 2006 - Uploaded by littlevelvetwhore
The performance of 'It Makes No Difference" by The Band in 'The Last Waltz'
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJXc0NRCmRQ
0 Kudos

Ain't it the truth!

Thanks for that video.

glenda

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I saw Nils Lofgren last night and he played a touching song called Miss You Ray remembering Ray Charles and others.

http://youtu.be/HOwwx09sul4

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by cindyak

One of my favorite songs-Squeeze/Labeled With Love

LABELLED WITH LOVE - SQUEEZE - youtube.com
5 min - Aug 3, 2008 - Uploaded by FRANZ4EVA
LIVE FROM THE REGAL THEATRE 1982

0 Kudos

In Response to RE: WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? by lambergeron

I was listening to the new Katy Perry CD. I know i shold probably be too old to listen to her but she makes me want to move!

0 Kudos

Right now I'm listening to "Oob la de, oob la da" by the Beatles on Pandora.  Not one of my favorite Beatle songs, but its on a "70s Lite Rock" station.  In response to an earlier post here, earlier I heard "Ohio" and "We gotta get out of this place" which are so symbollic of those times, and fill me with many contrasting emotions.  I used to "Rock on", now I "Lite Rock".  The times, they are a changing.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The Killing Moon - Ian McCulloch

4 min - Jul 18, 2008 - Uploaded by flowerfairy2008
Echo and the Bunnymen frontman Ian McCulloch sings The Killing Moon on the Sky Arts show, Songbook
youtube.com

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP