Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Contributor

I am strictly Old School, The Platters, Johnny Mathis, Mary Wells, The Miracles, Teh Tempting Temptations, etc., actually anything Old School R&B.  Every now and then some Luther Vandross, just as long as, It's s R&B.  Have Pandora on my cell and Smart TV and built my own playlist.  Turn TV viewing off and play Pandora and let the memories begin.  Love it! Love it!

Regular Contributor

I enjoy the Golden Oldies, but sometimes watch the new videos of the old song on YouTube such as Brand New Key.  When I was a young girl, I had a pair of roller skates with a key so the song brings back memories.  

Contributor

Well, I have thirty bucks in new iTunes gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, but currently the selections aren't that great.  The last album I downloaded was "Day Breaks" by Nora Jones, I've listened to it a lot.  Before that was "Southern Blood", the last record that Gregg Allman made.

Mike

Regular Contributor

I used my iTunes gift card to purchase Lost Words by Felicia Barton.  She is one of the regular singers on Dancing With the Stars.  Some of her music is on YouTube, such as Tightrope.  

Bronze Conversationalist

I prefer instrumental music from the medieval to classical periods.  We often borrow CDs from the library and I have a good collection of my own.  This week we listened to classical guitar by both Segovia and Parkening, a Baroque Terpsichore by Praetorius, and Handel's Water Music.  Then once in a while we'll liven things up with some Scott Joplin Rags. 

Social Butterfly

Classic jazz from the 50's and 60's.

Trusted Contributor

I listen to the sounds heard on WPDF. I also enjoy the Olif Spear Show. He talks about the issues I care about!

Contributor

Admittedly, this is a bit of self-promotion but by searching YouTube for “Julius Graham Lute Records”, you’ll find humorous songs by a “boomer” written with “boomers” in mind. Titles such as, “She’s Young Enough To Be My Daughter But She’s Not” and “Testosterone” should bring a chuckle or two. Hope you enjoy!

Regular Contributor

" Don’t Give Up On Love”  with Hayley Sanderson.  I heard the song on a jewelry commercial and went to YouTube to hear the whole song.  Now I listen to it often. She has a beautiful voice and the song is perfect for her.  I had never heard of her before the commercial, but I think everyone will know of her soon.

Honored Social Butterfly

U2 The Showman (Little More Better)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Contributor

For several years I have been listening to an Italian group (3 guys) called Il Volo (The Flight).  They got together when they were 13 and 14 years old.  They are classic opera trained but crossover into more modern music.  They sing in Italian, Spanish, and English.  They have voices you will not believe for their age.  Check them out: ilvolomusic.com

Contributor

Love classical music.....find it mood relaxing and meditative.....good for the heart and soul.....Happy New Year and Happy Listening.......Joanne C.

Honored Social Butterfly

Fall Out Boy  Centuries

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

CHRISTMAS COOKIES (George Strait cover by Loose Cattle)

Honored Social Butterfly

Swinging London   Those Shoes

Honored Social Butterfly

Irish Christmas -- Damian McGinty

from his album "This Christmas Time"

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

dragons3 wrote:

Irish Christmas -- Damian McGinty

from his album "This Christmas Time"

Thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have not heard of nor thought of this song in years.. it is a beautiful song!

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Christmas Song - Ding Dong Day    By   Mean Mary

I think  this is going to be a new classic.
Honored Social Butterfly

dl73698250 wrote:
  Christmas Song - Ding Dong Day    By   Mean Mary

I think  this is going to be a new classic.

https://youtu.be/whyhsCR7Li0

This is is a new one for me.  I like it!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Baby It's Cold Outside    Willie Nelson and Nora Jones

Honored Social Butterfly

Merry Christmas  by Big Big Train

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

FOLKLORE   BIG BIG TRAIN

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

MAROON 5   

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

U2  The Blackout

Regular Contributor

It's my boys! You have excellent taste. 

Social Butterfly

ONE OF MANY JOHN COLTRANE VIDEOS I REGULARLY ENJOY:  THIS ONE IS "INDIA- LIVE AT THE VILLAGE VANGUARD". HE IS  MY FAVORITE SAX PLAYER & THE BEST  CHOICE  FOR STRAIGHT-AHEAD JAZZ !

John Coltrane - India (The Other Village Vanguard Tapes) - YouTube

SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Regular Contributor

For Christmas, my daughter and I got copies of both the CHASING TRANE CD & DVD which you may also enjoy.

We're now reading MESSAGE TO OUR FOLKS and listening to CDs, like Roscoe Mitchell's SOUND,

as we go through the book.  

Just read that Mitchell once played with John Coltrane and that The Art Ensemble of Chicago

was highly praised by Muddy Waters at The Ann Arbor Blues and Jazz Festival!

Honored Social Butterfly

Fall Out Boys  Immortals

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP