Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Conversationalist

At the moment I'm listening to the last Steely Dan CD, with the sadly ironic title of 'Eveything Must Go".  Sad because it IS the very last Steely Dan album, and ironic because of the death of Walter Becker (1/2 of Steely Dan) so it IS the last SD album, at least there will be no more with Becker.

Donald **bleep**en  is out on tour with his own band and as he was the principal lead singer for Steely Dan it's conceiveable he could continuue the name, but I doubt it.

[edit] I see another example of political correctness gone too far.  The stupid "**bleep**" was NOT my doing when I correctly spelled Donald F's last name but this website's  hypersensitive  auto-policing changed it.

While I can sort of understand the system's deleting the first three letters, although it's also what the English call a cigarette, what gets me is that they were part of the man's NAME and had FIVE letters in it,  not three!

I sincerely hope I don't see this kind of  pointless and unnecessary censorship again.  There are other discussion forums out there.

Honored Social Butterfly

@jims730656 wrote:

At the moment I'm listening to the last Steely Dan CD, with the sadly ironic title of 'Eveything Must Go".  Sad because it IS the very last Steely Dan album, and ironic because of the death of Walter Becker (1/2 of Steely Dan) so it IS the last SD album, at least there will be no more with Becker.

Donald **bleep**en is out on tour with his own band and as he was the principal lead singer for Steely Dan it's conceiveable he could continuue the name, but I doubt it.

Yes it is sad.  It is also what makes great music so precious.  It will never be recreated.  How many of us just dying for another Zeppelin album but knowing it was not possible.   All we can do is cherish what we have.  ❤️

Conversationalist

@nyadrn wrote:

Yes it is sad.  It is also what makes great music so precious.  It will never be recreated.  How many of us just dying for another Zeppelin album but knowing it was not possible.   All we can do is cherish what we have.  ❤️

I have always said that when an artist passes away they never really die because their work survives them.

I said something like than  about a week ago when a good friend of mine called my show and informed me that his partner of almost 40 (also a friend) years had passed away.  She had put out a great CD a few years ago and I was fortunate enough to have it with me so I played a tribute to her.

Apparently her whole family was also listening and it made me feel good about doing that tribute as Jeff had said they thought it was good as well.

But they weren't merely words.  I honestly believe that part of an artist will never die when their work is remembered.

Honored Social Butterfly

Blake Shelton and Usher  Stand By Me

Honored Social Butterfly

Tori Kelly & Luis Fonsi - Hallelujah | Hand In Hand Benefit 2017

Honored Social Butterfly

STEVIE WONDER LEAN ON ME

Honored Social Butterfly

LIVE: George Strait The Hand In Hand Benefit Concert At The Majestic Theatre San Antonio, Texas

Honored Social Butterfly

@nyadrn - Funny, I'm listening to the same thing! Just posted Usher & Blake on The Voice thread.

The star-power turn out for this cause was tremendous and performances were amazing. Telethon has raised over $44 million for hurricane relief. Good job, America!!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta wrote:

@nyadrn - Funny, I'm listening to the same thing! Just posted Usher & Blake on The Voice thread.

The star-power turn out for this cause was tremendous and performances were amazing. Telethon has raised over $44 million for hurricane relief. Good job, America!!

That is funny.  I thought Usher and Blake were really good together!   Yes it was amazing and very successful.  Thanks for posting it  😀

Honored Social Butterfly

Thirty Seconds to Marz

Walk on Water

Honored Social Butterfly

Lorde Team

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Lorde Yellow Flicker Beat

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Lorde Writer in the Dark

I love you 'til you call the cops on me ... true love, eh? 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

Lorde The Louvre

Honored Social Butterfly

Lorde Homemade Dynamite

I'll tell you all my best lies ... awesome, right?

🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

Lorde Supercut

This was like visiting a foreign land, the sojourn through Millennial dating problems that is Melodrama. 🙂 I have Yellow Flicker Beat and Magnets on my nano, but won't be adding the new cuts.

Honored Social Butterfly

ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF AMY WINEHOUSE'S BIRTHDAY  ..GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 

Honored Social Butterfly

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow      Yes!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

BACK TO BLACK  

Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

Adele Rolling in The Deep

Honored Social Butterfly

Disclosure Magnets feat. Lorde

Honored Social Butterfly

Lorde Green Light

Honored Social Butterfly

Lorde  Perfect Places

Honored Social Butterfly

Santana The Game of Love feat. Michelle Branch

Honored Social Butterfly

Santana Maria Maria feat. The Product G & B

Honored Social Butterfly

Santana Put Your Lights On feat. Everlast

Honored Social Butterfly

Santana While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Honored Social Butterfly

Santana Luz Amor Y Vida

(we're groovin now!)

Honored Social Butterfly

Santana Africa Bamba 

(Are you dancing yet? :))

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP