Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

Take Me Back by Byan Adams

Honored Social Butterfly

@ls1873 wrote:

Take Me Back by Byan Adams

Three Doors Down  Landing in London

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

"Rubberband Man"-The Spinners

If you're listening to tunes while working out this one is timeless, get down with your funky self!

Honored Social Butterfly

The CD Adele  21  

Still waiting for a new CD from her, should be this year.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Just Heard a song on Sonic Tap( A Direct TV Music Station) called "Life is a Rock" by Reunion,which I haven't heard since the Seventies !

Social Butterfly

Funny how there are some songs that you literally have not heard for say forty years, then with the wonder of ITunes and whatnot...there they are back in your music device like a lost friend. And yes my kid has to set my IPod...

The Pat Travers Band Live " Boom, Boom ( Out Go the Lights)...and instantly I'm 17 again...that's not a good thing;)

Interesting-after I posted this I looked up the videos on YouTube. A backstory about Pat Travers is that a groupie or two mentioned that at his height he was rather ahem...full of himself we might say. If you see how he aged in later videos...karma bites.

Honored Social Butterfly

The CD    Come Away With Me    Norah Jones

Honored Social Butterfly

@mp8908 wrote:

The CD    Come Away With Me    Norah Jones

I saw Norah Jones right before she won all the Grammy's   and it was a great show.. she even mentioned that her CD was for sale in the lobby...   she subsequently stopped having to worry about that  : )

Come Away with Me  is such a great song...    http://youtu.be/tO4dxvguQDk

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Bonnie Rait and Norah Jones   Tennessee Waltz

http://youtu.be/zzDUi_L6MzA

This songs always reminds me of my mother  : ) but it is so sad.. 

Honored Social Butterfly

http://youtu.be/P-WdrMLLpPg

Bruno and Mark Ronson  on Ellen

Uptown Funk

Super Contributor

I saw Ellen too, they were great! another hit for Bruno
Mary Ann
Honored Social Butterfly

@RavenofNewt wrote:
I saw Ellen too, they were great! another hit for Bruno

His music is just such fun!!    No curlers in his hair in this performance  LOL

ps  nice to hear from you :Woman Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

If you have not listened to this... do so..  it is great .. nominated for

Best Original Song

• “Lost Stars,” Begin Again

Adam Levine Lost Stars

http://youtu.be/vyT-oGDnMqE

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Just watched it. I'd like to attempt to answer that question. Why is youth wasted on the young? Because that's the nature of things. What is youth? It's not just "Not knowing the difference between right & wrong"; it's not even knowing that there is a right or wrong to be aware of. Everything just "is". A baby is born naked and can't clothe itself. In an effort to protect their offspring, animals protect them as much as they know how (which might not be very much as long as evolution does not exist). Humans are the only animals that put a man-made "skin" on their young (which is not natural). From the very beginning, the baby begins to be separated from nature (some may call this civilized). But, the unspoken rule is embedded in the subconscious that we should not be naked (remember the story about "The Emperor's Clothes"?). Without the wisdom of age, youth will naturally make mistakes (sometimes fatally). In the effort to "raise" children, parents often give them tips to avoid trouble. Trouble from what? Their own fears. [War can wreck havoc on both the natural and the "civilized". World War Two has not been that long ago] In the effort to "grow up" so as to avoid problems and be an acceptable member of the human race, Both parent and child get so absorbed with the cares of the world, that neither are themselves anymore. And when it comes time to reconcile any conflicting interests and "be your authentic self", nobody is comfortable with removing the "clothing" of civilization and being naked. Therefore, "Youth" does not have the wisdom, and "Age" does not have the freedom. The reason why youth is "wasted" on the youth, is because "Wisdom" has not yet figured out how to be young again. And I believe that that is what really plagues humanity, and why I really don't like that song "Peter Pan" by Kelsi Ballerini. Maybe if we give the philosophers the credit they're due, We'll listen to what they have to say about this. Think about it. Really.
Regular Social Butterfly

OK, listen up. I know I'm replying to my own post. But I'm new at this and it didn't quite come out right. I hope this part gets attached to the right place so it makes sense. the post I'm talking about is a reply to the link to the song "Lost Stars" by Adam Levine. I tried to address the question of "Why is youth wasted on the young?". In that post I said that I really didn't like the song "Peter Pan" by Kelsi Ballerini. If anyone doesn't get it (or doesn't care), I urge you to listen to the song "X Amount Of Words" by Blue October. If you care, you'll get it. If you don't care, you should still hear it; It might mean something else to you, anyway.
Honored Social Butterfly

@dl73698250   When making a post, you need to let us know which post, specifically, you're responding to.  You can do that by hitting "Quote" at top of posting area, before you begin keying in your post.  You've given numerous interesting responses, many of them lengthy, at this topic, but we readers don't, for most part, readily know which response goes with which previous post.  Using the "Quote" feature would be a big help - thanks!  Smiley Happy 

Regular Social Butterfly

I got a message saying:
When making a post, you need to let us know which post, specifically, you're responding to. You can do that by hitting "Quote" at top of posting area, before you begin keying in your post. You've given numerous interesting responses, many of them lengthy, at this topic, but we readers don't, for most part, readily know which response goes with which previous post. Using the "Quote" feature would be a big help - thanks!
But I didn't find a "Quote" button. Am I on the wrong page? How come I can't ever find what I'm looking for?
Honored Social Butterfly

@dl73698250 wrote:
I got a message saying:
When making a post, you need to let us know which post, specifically, you're responding to. You can do that by hitting "Quote" at top of posting area, before you begin keying in your post. You've given numerous interesting responses, many of them lengthy, at this topic, but we readers don't, for most part, readily know which response goes with which previous post. Using the "Quote" feature would be a big help - thanks!
But I didn't find a "Quote" button. Am I on the wrong page? How come I can't ever find what I'm looking for?

When you post a reply to someone else's message the Quote button will be at the top right.  Click it and the post you are replying to will appear.  You can also copy and past from the post you want to reply to or reply to the person as @dl73698250.  Is that clearer?

Regular Social Butterfly

@nyadrn wrote:

@dl73698250 wrote:
I got a message saying:

When you post a reply to someone else's message the Quote button will be at the top right.  Click it and the post you are replying to will appear.  You can also copy and past from the post you want to reply to or reply to the person as @dl73698250.  Is that clearer?

Yes, I found it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@dl73698250   Glad you found the Quote button.

@nyadrn  Thank you for helping clarify about use of the Quote button.  I only just now discovered that dl73698250 needed further assistance than my post had provided.  (And I think I'm always so clear, when giving directions - lol  Smiley LOL )    Pam

Honored Social Butterfly

@dl73698250 wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

The Voice 2016 Blind Audition - Billy Gilman: "When We Were Young"

https://youtu.be/wkJrShaOaz0

Is that the same Billy Gilman all grown up who did "One Voice" a long time ago as a boy?

@dl73698250   Yes it is!  Good catch.

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@nyadrn wrote:

Is that the same Billy Gilman all grown up who did "One Voice" a long time ago as a boy?

Honored Social Butterfly

I Just Want To Fly          Sugar Ray

Honored Social Butterfly

The  Devil  Never  Sleeps   ==   Iron  &  Wine

Honored Social Butterfly

The Voice 2016 Blind Audition - Riley Elmore: "The Way You Look  and a bonus duet with Adam !!

https://youtu.be/GVHlpm_lmOw

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Cyndi Lauper  Heartaches by the Numbers  

https://youtu.be/Er6yUL_fykw

Is this it @mp8908

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Can't Stop The Feeling             Justin Timberlake

Honored Social Butterfly

C'Mon  Girl   ==   Red  Hot  Chili  Peppers

Honored Social Butterfly

I Put a Spell on You  

https://youtu.be/mmXU7C7MYlw

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP