Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

Jimmy Buffett    that summer island sound  !!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Old Time Rock & Roll -Charlie Daniels band
Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

Mostly classic Rock like Pink Floyd, Stones, Beatles but more recent stuff like David Cook, Lady Gaga , The Killers, I think Maroon 5 is good and One Republic to name a few

Mary Ann
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@RavenofNewt wrote:

Mostly classic Rock like Pink Floyd, Stones, Beatles but more recent stuff like David Cook, Lady Gaga , The Killers, I think Maroon 5 is good and One Republic to name a few

Love Maroon 5!   Do you watch The Voice?

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

No I don't watch the Voice,just American Idol
Mary Ann
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

This is a confusing question.  There were four selections for this option and two of them can actually be considered one.  Rock-n-roll music has been around since the 50's.  This is what I listen to, but if you look back into time now-a-days, it can also be considered "oldies".

Contributor

My favorite!!
Honored Social Butterfly

I love all of the great variety in what everyone is listening to!!  Thank you for taking the time to share what you are all listening to....
Love After War   Robin Thicke

0 Kudos

Love on a Two Way Street; Cherish; Always & Forever

Contributor

Kishi Bashi and Jason Mraz, Coldplay.  Classical with Flute and Violinist, Josuah Bell.

The LAST THING I want to listen to is Oldies, I am old Why live in the past.   Lot's of the 

new music, especially with instrumentation and not too much digital is the Best. 

Honored Social Butterfly

The cover of Pharrell Williams' "Happy" by "Walk Off the Earth Band" on YouTube.

Honored Social Butterfly

Kasey Kasem's top 40 hits from this date in 1981, a radio station here

plays a weekly program of his old radio shows every Sunday. 

Kudos
Views

Chubby Checkers The Twist.  Good Old Time Music

Honored Social Butterfly

Dean Martin crooning "In The Chapel In The Moonlight"...very romantic! Heart 

Contributor

I am from the last 'ice age'.  Born 1938. First lovein music was the still popular 'Big Band' music.  Then as a teen, I got hooked on Elvis.  Everything after the Big Bands, Elvis, Sinatra, Garland, Doris and a few others is not music to me but just loud boom-boom-boom!

Peter M. Olsen

P.S.  Here in southern CA. I listen to FM 103.7.

Contributor

i keep my radio tuned to 97.3 out of Chattanooga Tn. which plays old country music

0 Kudos

Scott Shannon's True Oldies Channel on-line.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I  have  become  a  big  fan  of  50's on 5  and  60's on 6  on  Sirius XM  radio.

Most  anything  from  those  years  is  something  I  remember  and  enjoy.

0 Kudos
Contributor

jazz is nice and mellow
Contributor

Boney James
0 Kudos
Contributor

Pandora One
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@hj8386 wrote:
Pandora One

Thanks for sharing and welcome!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Diva     Annie Lennox

1. Why
2. Walking On Broken Glass
3. Precious
4. Legend In My Living Room
5. Cold
6. Money Can't Buy It
7. Little Bird
8. Primitive
9. Stay By Me
10. The Gift
11. Keep Young And Beautiful

Honored Social Butterfly

Listening to Santana's new CD

Waiting for Bob Seger's new CD, his first in eight years

due out Oct. 14th titled Ride Out.

The first single "Detroit Made" has now been issued to radio

stations.

Kudos
Views

Glenn Miller
0 Kudos

I am listening to kirk whalum now til forever, pieces of a dream tell me a bedtime story, and Earl Klugh pretty world.

Periodic Contributor

So many to choose from, but Hey Nineteen or anything else by Steely Dan, Eric Clapton  Rod Stewart and that's just rock!

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I listen to Country and Gospel, but apparently that wasn't an option.  I think your survey is inaccurate without including Country and Gospel music as choices

Honored Social Butterfly

@Ambersalley wrote:

I listen to Country and Gospel, but apparently that wasn't an option.  I think your survey is inaccurate without including Country and Gospel music as choices

Hi Ambersalley, Looks like you are new to posting at AARP, so welcome!  I hope you will look around at the various topics and discussions & find something that interests you.  Also hope you will find some individuals that you enjoy exchanging posts/ideas with - lots of interesting people are involved here, and their interests and stances on any given issue can vary widely. So hop on in with a post, if you feel like doing so, please!

All sorts of music posts are welcome here.  I do not know what survey you are referring to, to be quite honest.  The idea here is for the poster to explain what type music they are listening to, or what artist, or what album, etc.  It can be what you are listening to at a very specific time, and in specific circumstances, or it can be what you are currently listening to in general.  Whatever you feel moved to post...  And if you have some related info, or an anecdote or memory, that would make your post more interesting, by all means include that in your post, if you are so inclined.

Country and gospel are fine categories, so your post is welcome here!   

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP