Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

I love seeing the variety in what we are all listening to!   There is so much great music out there it would take more than one lifetime to listen to it all : )

Listening to California Dreaming  on a cool fall day.. love this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3GbF9Bx6E

0 Kudos
Contributor

hank crawford & jack mcDuff
Social Butterfly

MMmmmm Phil Lynott still lights my fire...poor soul...anyway, you know what song has wormed into my brain tonight? "Angel" by Shaggy... if you had teens around 2001 you might have heard it, " GIRL YOU'RE MY ANGEL, YOOO MY DARLIN' ANGELLLL" and all the Spring-breakers would be swaying along...catchy song but it bores into your head...

Periodic Contributor

I listen to Fats Domano .
Honored Social Butterfly

Our library offers a whole line of CDs from Paste Magazine, "The Paste Magazine Sampler".  There are dozens of CDs in this series, issued every month or two months, and each one has songs from approximately 19 not-so-well-known artists.  Thus, I get to sample artists whose work will probably be new to me.  A variety of musical styles are included.  So, I have been listening to a stack of Paste Magazine Samplers, trying to find some new artists whose tunes are to my taste.  This is a pretty nifty way to hear a sampling of new sounds, I think!  

Contributor

I like to listen to the blues. Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker, Eric Clapton to name a few. Native American Mato Nanji is a great guitarist. He does a few covers and they are done superbly. He mostly writes and sings his own songs. Joe Bonamassa is another good one.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Not a big fan of the blues but I do like Eric Clapton one of the best guitar players ever,and alot of bands were influenced by the blues like Mick Jagger has said many times
Mary Ann
Periodic Contributor

"Show box kids" by Steely Dan is my all time favorite! Have it as my ringtone. Love when I get a call and someone half my age says "Who is that?"

Super Contributor

I liked Steely Dan, The Eagles too.Lots of good music back in the 60's and 70's. 

Mary Ann
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@gearz8888 wrote:
"Show box kids" by Steely Dan is my all time favorite! Have it as my ringtone. Love when I get a call and someone half my age says "Who is that?"

Good choice   and Donald **bleep**en's Ruby Baby!    

0 Kudos
Contributor

I go to the library and check cd's for all kinds of music, from the big bands of the 30's, 40's, and 50's, to the pop/rock of my youth, to jazz.
Honored Social Butterfly

Jimmy Buffett    that summer island sound  !!

0 Kudos

Old Time Rock & Roll -Charlie Daniels band
Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

Mostly classic Rock like Pink Floyd, Stones, Beatles but more recent stuff like David Cook, Lady Gaga , The Killers, I think Maroon 5 is good and One Republic to name a few

Mary Ann
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@RavenofNewt wrote:

Mostly classic Rock like Pink Floyd, Stones, Beatles but more recent stuff like David Cook, Lady Gaga , The Killers, I think Maroon 5 is good and One Republic to name a few

Love Maroon 5!   Do you watch The Voice?

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

No I don't watch the Voice,just American Idol
Mary Ann
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

This is a confusing question.  There were four selections for this option and two of them can actually be considered one.  Rock-n-roll music has been around since the 50's.  This is what I listen to, but if you look back into time now-a-days, it can also be considered "oldies".

Contributor

My favorite!!
Honored Social Butterfly

I love all of the great variety in what everyone is listening to!!  Thank you for taking the time to share what you are all listening to....
Love After War   Robin Thicke

0 Kudos

Love on a Two Way Street; Cherish; Always & Forever

Contributor

Kishi Bashi and Jason Mraz, Coldplay.  Classical with Flute and Violinist, Josuah Bell.

The LAST THING I want to listen to is Oldies, I am old Why live in the past.   Lot's of the 

new music, especially with instrumentation and not too much digital is the Best. 

Honored Social Butterfly

The cover of Pharrell Williams' "Happy" by "Walk Off the Earth Band" on YouTube.

Honored Social Butterfly

Kasey Kasem's top 40 hits from this date in 1981, a radio station here

plays a weekly program of his old radio shows every Sunday. 

Kudos
Views

Chubby Checkers The Twist.  Good Old Time Music

Honored Social Butterfly

Dean Martin crooning "In The Chapel In The Moonlight"...very romantic! Heart 

Contributor

I am from the last 'ice age'.  Born 1938. First lovein music was the still popular 'Big Band' music.  Then as a teen, I got hooked on Elvis.  Everything after the Big Bands, Elvis, Sinatra, Garland, Doris and a few others is not music to me but just loud boom-boom-boom!

Peter M. Olsen

P.S.  Here in southern CA. I listen to FM 103.7.

Contributor

i keep my radio tuned to 97.3 out of Chattanooga Tn. which plays old country music

0 Kudos

Scott Shannon's True Oldies Channel on-line.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I  have  become  a  big  fan  of  50's on 5  and  60's on 6  on  Sirius XM  radio.

Most  anything  from  those  years  is  something  I  remember  and  enjoy.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health