Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
185,805 Views
3742
Report
Contributor

i keep my radio tuned to 97.3 out of Chattanooga Tn. which plays old country music

0 Kudos
2,114 Views
0
Report
Newbie

Scott Shannon's True Oldies Channel on-line.

0 Kudos
2,062 Views
0
Report
Contributor

I  have  become  a  big  fan  of  50's on 5  and  60's on 6  on  Sirius XM  radio.

Most  anything  from  those  years  is  something  I  remember  and  enjoy.

0 Kudos
2,054 Views
0
Report
Contributor

jazz is nice and mellow
Contributor

Boney James
0 Kudos
2,166 Views
0
Report
Contributor

Pandora One
0 Kudos
2,130 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@hj8386 wrote:
Pandora One

Thanks for sharing and welcome!

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
2,132 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Diva     Annie Lennox

 

1. Why
2. Walking On Broken Glass
3. Precious
4. Legend In My Living Room
5. Cold
6. Money Can't Buy It
7. Little Bird
8. Primitive
9. Stay By Me
10. The Gift
11. Keep Young And Beautiful

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

 

 

     Listening to Santana's new CD

 

       

                         Waiting for Bob Seger's new CD, his first in eight years

                  due out Oct. 14th titled Ride Out.

                         The first single "Detroit Made" has now been issued to radio

                  stations.

0
Kudos
1080
Views
Newbie

Glenn Miller
0 Kudos
1,927 Views
0
Report
Newbie

I am listening to kirk whalum now til forever, pieces of a dream tell me a bedtime story, and Earl Klugh pretty world.

Periodic Contributor

So many to choose from, but Hey Nineteen or anything else by Steely Dan, Eric Clapton  Rod Stewart and that's just rock!


 


 

0
Kudos
764
Views
Contributor

I listen to Country and Gospel, but apparently that wasn't an option.  I think your survey is inaccurate without including Country and Gospel music as choices

Honored Social Butterfly


@Ambersalley wrote:

I listen to Country and Gospel, but apparently that wasn't an option.  I think your survey is inaccurate without including Country and Gospel music as choices


Hi Ambersalley, Looks like you are new to posting at AARP, so welcome!  I hope you will look around at the various topics and discussions & find something that interests you.  Also hope you will find some individuals that you enjoy exchanging posts/ideas with - lots of interesting people are involved here, and their interests and stances on any given issue can vary widely. So hop on in with a post, if you feel like doing so, please!

 

All sorts of music posts are welcome here.  I do not know what survey you are referring to, to be quite honest.  The idea here is for the poster to explain what type music they are listening to, or what artist, or what album, etc.  It can be what you are listening to at a very specific time, and in specific circumstances, or it can be what you are currently listening to in general.  Whatever you feel moved to post...  And if you have some related info, or an anecdote or memory, that would make your post more interesting, by all means include that in your post, if you are so inclined.

 

Country and gospel are fine categories, so your post is welcome here!   

Honored Social Butterfly


@gatorgorilla wrote:

@Ambersalley wrote:

I listen to Country and Gospel, but apparently that wasn't an option.  I think your survey is inaccurate without including Country and Gospel music as choices


Hi Ambersalley, Looks like you are new to posting at AARP, so welcome!  I hope you will look around at the various topics and discussions & find something that interests you.  Also hope you will find some individuals that you enjoy exchanging posts/ideas with - lots of interesting people are involved here, and their interests and stances on any given issue can vary widely. So hop on in with a post, if you feel like doing so, please!

 

All sorts of music posts are welcome here.  I do not know what survey you are referring to, to be quite honest.  The idea here is for the poster to explain what type music they are listening to, or what artist, or what album, etc.  It can be what you are listening to at a very specific time, and in specific circumstances, or it can be what you are currently listening to in general.  Whatever you feel moved to post...  And if you have some related info, or an anecdote or memory, that would make your post more interesting, by all means include that in your post, if you are so inclined.

 

Country and gospel are fine categories, so your post is welcome here!   


Well said   thanks !

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,556 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Abracadabra   Steve Miller Band      when was the last time you listened to this?  lol

 

http://youtu.be/fH850qp85Zk

 

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,585 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

One of my all time favorite albums is Faith    George Michael   

It produced six  top five single

  1. "I Want Your Sex"
    Released: 1 June 1987
  2. "Faith"
    Released: 12 October 1987
  3. "Father Figure"
    Released: 2 January 1988
  4. "One More Try"
    Released: 11 April 1988
  5. "Monkey"
    Released: 3 July 1988
  6. "Kissing a Fool"
    Released: 21 November 1988

 

Father Figure   

http://youtu.be/m_9hfHvQSNo

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

Aerosmith - Dream On (with Southern California Children's Chorus) - Boston Marathon Bombing Tribute

 

http://youtu.be/zthQPe41w24

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,824 Views
0
Report
Newbie

Jack White's  new one Lazaretto 

Contributor

Barry white,Lavert
Newbie

I listen to anything by Robert Goulet, Johnny Mathis, Rod Stewart, George Gershwin, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Rosemary Clooney.  You get the idea,  I love all those we listened to in the forties and fifties.  I could go on and on!

Honored Social Butterfly


@mo9678 wrote:

I listen to anything by Robert Goulet, Johnny Mathis, Rod Stewart, George Gershwin, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Rosemary Clooney.  You get the idea,  I love all those we listened to in the forties and fifties.  I could go on and on!


mo9678:  I think I do "get the idea" of what you were attempting to convey, & though I like some other types of music also, I sure do like the type you are talking about!  I noticed you mentioned Sinatra.  I am wondering, do you listen to Dean Martin?

 

In the last few months I have encountered an acquaintance who loves Sinatra but does not care at all for Dean Martin.  I also have a friend who loves anything by Dean Martin but has never cared for Sinatra.  Well, I like both of them!  So I was wondering about you?  (Also, if anybody else reading this wants to throw in a comment or their preference, I would be interested!)

 

I feel like both Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra have what my dad called "a round sound".  Guess any one of us would have our own definition of what a "round sound" consists of, but I always loved that he used that term! Now I like to say the same thing - "I like music with a round sound!"

Newbie

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you. Thank you very much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

elvis presley

0 Kudos
1,284 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@mp2961 wrote:

 

Thank you. Thank you very much.

 

elvis presley


Well I like Elvis too!   One Night with You.. one of my favorites!   This was from his famous live TV special.. and boy did he look and sound great!

 

http://youtu.be/YMlQfFD4HTo

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,274 Views
0
Report
Regular Contributor

Say Something

0 Kudos
1,650 Views
20
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

  1.  
Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,702 Views
19
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Aerosmith   Fly Away From Here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xzDj-XOX2U   Cached
Music video by Aerosmith performing Fly Away From Here. (C) 2001 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.

 

 

http://youtu.be/2xzDj-XOX2U

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,639 Views
18
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

LENNY KRAVITZ    ARE YOU GONNA GO MY WAY

 

http://youtu.be/eLhpHjmxNw8

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,638 Views
17
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

CALIFORNIACATION    RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

 

http://youtu.be/YlUKcNNmywk

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,602 Views
16
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

DANI CALIFORNIA   RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

 

http://youtu.be/Sb5aq5HcS1A

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
0 Kudos
1,596 Views
15
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health