Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

A PLACE TO SHARE YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AND VIDEO'S ...

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?   AN OLD OLD SONG BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND OR SOMETHING NEW YOU JUST HEARD...  YOUR IPOD CATALOG OF FAVORITES OR YOUR FAVORITE CD BY YOUR FAVORITE BAND..   WHATEVER IT IS,  STOP BY AND SHARE IT HERE, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Contributor

I am from the last 'ice age'.  Born 1938. First lovein music was the still popular 'Big Band' music.  Then as a teen, I got hooked on Elvis.  Everything after the Big Bands, Elvis, Sinatra, Garland, Doris and a few others is not music to me but just loud boom-boom-boom!

Peter M. Olsen

P.S.  Here in southern CA. I listen to FM 103.7.

Contributor

i keep my radio tuned to 97.3 out of Chattanooga Tn. which plays old country music

0 Kudos

Scott Shannon's True Oldies Channel on-line.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I  have  become  a  big  fan  of  50's on 5  and  60's on 6  on  Sirius XM  radio.

Most  anything  from  those  years  is  something  I  remember  and  enjoy.

0 Kudos
Contributor

jazz is nice and mellow
Contributor

Boney James
0 Kudos
Contributor

Pandora One
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@hj8386 wrote:
Pandora One

Thanks for sharing and welcome!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Diva     Annie Lennox

1. Why
2. Walking On Broken Glass
3. Precious
4. Legend In My Living Room
5. Cold
6. Money Can't Buy It
7. Little Bird
8. Primitive
9. Stay By Me
10. The Gift
11. Keep Young And Beautiful

Honored Social Butterfly

Listening to Santana's new CD

Waiting for Bob Seger's new CD, his first in eight years

due out Oct. 14th titled Ride Out.

The first single "Detroit Made" has now been issued to radio

stations.

Kudos
Views

Glenn Miller
0 Kudos

I am listening to kirk whalum now til forever, pieces of a dream tell me a bedtime story, and Earl Klugh pretty world.

Periodic Contributor

So many to choose from, but Hey Nineteen or anything else by Steely Dan, Eric Clapton  Rod Stewart and that's just rock!

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I listen to Country and Gospel, but apparently that wasn't an option.  I think your survey is inaccurate without including Country and Gospel music as choices

Honored Social Butterfly

@Ambersalley wrote:

I listen to Country and Gospel, but apparently that wasn't an option.  I think your survey is inaccurate without including Country and Gospel music as choices

Hi Ambersalley, Looks like you are new to posting at AARP, so welcome!  I hope you will look around at the various topics and discussions & find something that interests you.  Also hope you will find some individuals that you enjoy exchanging posts/ideas with - lots of interesting people are involved here, and their interests and stances on any given issue can vary widely. So hop on in with a post, if you feel like doing so, please!

All sorts of music posts are welcome here.  I do not know what survey you are referring to, to be quite honest.  The idea here is for the poster to explain what type music they are listening to, or what artist, or what album, etc.  It can be what you are listening to at a very specific time, and in specific circumstances, or it can be what you are currently listening to in general.  Whatever you feel moved to post...  And if you have some related info, or an anecdote or memory, that would make your post more interesting, by all means include that in your post, if you are so inclined.

Country and gospel are fine categories, so your post is welcome here!   

Honored Social Butterfly

@gatorgorilla wrote:

@Ambersalley wrote:

Hi Ambersalley, Looks like you are new to posting at AARP, so welcome!  I hope you will look around at the various topics and discussions & find something that interests you.  Also hope you will find some individuals that you enjoy exchanging posts/ideas with - lots of interesting people are involved here, and their interests and stances on any given issue can vary widely. So hop on in with a post, if you feel like doing so, please!

All sorts of music posts are welcome here.  I do not know what survey you are referring to, to be quite honest.  The idea here is for the poster to explain what type music they are listening to, or what artist, or what album, etc.  It can be what you are listening to at a very specific time, and in specific circumstances, or it can be what you are currently listening to in general.  Whatever you feel moved to post...  And if you have some related info, or an anecdote or memory, that would make your post more interesting, by all means include that in your post, if you are so inclined.

Country and gospel are fine categories, so your post is welcome here!   

Well said   thanks !

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Abracadabra   Steve Miller Band      when was the last time you listened to this?  lol

http://youtu.be/fH850qp85Zk

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

One of my all time favorite albums is Faith    George Michael   

It produced six  top five single

1. "I Want Your Sex"
    Released: 1 June 1987
  2. "Faith"
    Released: 12 October 1987
  3. "Father Figure"
    Released: 2 January 1988
  4. "One More Try"
    Released: 11 April 1988
  5. "Monkey"
    Released: 3 July 1988
  6. "Kissing a Fool"
    Released: 21 November 1988

Father Figure   

http://youtu.be/m_9hfHvQSNo

Honored Social Butterfly

Aerosmith - Dream On (with Southern California Children's Chorus) - Boston Marathon Bombing Tribute

http://youtu.be/zthQPe41w24

0 Kudos

Jack White's  new one Lazaretto 

Contributor

Barry white,Lavert

I listen to anything by Robert Goulet, Johnny Mathis, Rod Stewart, George Gershwin, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Rosemary Clooney.  You get the idea,  I love all those we listened to in the forties and fifties.  I could go on and on!

Honored Social Butterfly

@mo9678 wrote:

I listen to anything by Robert Goulet, Johnny Mathis, Rod Stewart, George Gershwin, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Rosemary Clooney.  You get the idea,  I love all those we listened to in the forties and fifties.  I could go on and on!

mo9678:  I think I do "get the idea" of what you were attempting to convey, & though I like some other types of music also, I sure do like the type you are talking about!  I noticed you mentioned Sinatra.  I am wondering, do you listen to Dean Martin?

In the last few months I have encountered an acquaintance who loves Sinatra but does not care at all for Dean Martin.  I also have a friend who loves anything by Dean Martin but has never cared for Sinatra.  Well, I like both of them!  So I was wondering about you?  (Also, if anybody else reading this wants to throw in a comment or their preference, I would be interested!)

I feel like both Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra have what my dad called "a round sound".  Guess any one of us would have our own definition of what a "round sound" consists of, but I always loved that he used that term! Now I like to say the same thing - "I like music with a round sound!"

Thank you. Thank you very much.

elvis presley

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mp2961 wrote:

Thank you. Thank you very much.

elvis presley

Well I like Elvis too!   One Night with You.. one of my favorites!   This was from his famous live TV special.. and boy did he look and sound great!

http://youtu.be/YMlQfFD4HTo

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Say Something

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Aerosmith   Fly Away From Here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xzDj-XOX2U   Cached
Music video by Aerosmith performing Fly Away From Here. (C) 2001 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.

http://youtu.be/2xzDj-XOX2U

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

LENNY KRAVITZ    ARE YOU GONNA GO MY WAY

http://youtu.be/eLhpHjmxNw8

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP