Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Valentines Love & Romance Playlists - what are your favorites?

Conversationalist

Valentines Love & Romance Playlists - what are your favorites?

February 14, Valentine’s Day, originated as a Christian feast day honoring one or two early Christian martyrs named Saint Valentine. Through later folk traditions, the day has become a significant cultural, religious, and commercial celebration of romance and love.

Romance and love are more than just a feeling.  They are an action.  And while love and romance can be a candle-lit dinner with wine and roses or a hand-in-hand walk in the moonlight, they can and must be so much more. 

In a scene in the movie “Phenomenon,” Doc states George still has his love at his side because he bought her chairs.  Love is finding out what her “chairs” are and making sure she has them.  While it’s not always easy to get love “right” and there are always bumpy roads along the way, the importance is to try to stay true to the purpose of the journey, to be there, to care, to love.

Over the years I made many mixed cassette tapes, and eventually CDs for my wife, starting when we were dating.  They were a way for me to express my love when words just weren’t enough.  Back in the day it was much harder to do so, needing to mix songs from albums, 45s and cassettes coherently on a cassette tape.  The advent of music streaming and iTunes made it easier, but you still had to own or purchase the music.  Now with music streaming services, the options are endless.  So this week’s playlists are my ultimate playlists for romance - “Isn’t It Romantic,” love - “We Are In Love”, and lost love - “Lost Without Your Love,” for those who like to wallow in despair over love, those alone on Valentine’s day, or those who have loved and lost.

What are your favorites?  What did I miss?

https://listentothemusicblog.com/isnt-it-romantic-we-are-in-love-lost-without-your-love-music-celebr...

Bronze Conversationalist

Colour My World and You're the Inspiration by Chicago

You Are So Beautiful- Joe Cocker

Social Butterfly

I would add:

As

Knocks Me Off My Feet-Both by Stevie Wonder

Your Love is Forever-George Harrison 

Love-John Lennon 

Beginnings-Chicago 

Jackie Wilson Said( I’m in Heaven When You Smile)-Van Morrison 

Social Butterfly

Great songs everyone. I would like to add:

I Just Called to Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder

Conversationalist

Unchained Melody is on "Isn't It Romantic" playlist.

Social Butterfly

Sorry, I thought I looked at all. I will delete my suggestion.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Excellent playlist. Would add all the Beatles

songs @MaVolta posted plus “All you need is

love”, the best song about love in the universe.

Also, these personal favs would be in there:

(Hoping I didn’t miss these gems) 🎼💜

By Fleetwood Mac:

Bleed to love her

Silver Springs

You make loving fun

Say you love me

Big love

Storms

Also: 

Long long time, Linda Ronstadt
Warm love, Van Morrison

Come Monday, Jimmy Buffett

I don’t want to live without you, Foreigner

How much I feel, Ambrosia

Honored Social Butterfly

No Beatles songs? 

Here, There, and Everywhere

All My Loving

Something

Two of Us

From Me to You

And I Love Her

I’m not a traditionalist, so my list would look quite different than yours🙂. It would have everything from The Beatles to The Moody Blues, Blackmore’s Night to Nightwish, and most definitely have Scorpions’ ballads! 😸

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Conversationalist

Agree this was a big oversight, especially since my favorite Beatles Compilation is "The Beatles Love Songs" which is hard to find digitally, used to have the old vinyl, people have put together playlists on Spotify to recreate the double album:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1jlcyu5eYJKovvu7t5QL9I?si=f3bf86bd95dd4245

I will add several, though not songs that just have love in them, such as "All You Need Is Love", but more songs like "I Need You," "Girl," "Here, There, And Everywhere," "Something," "And I Love Her," "If I Fell," "Yes It Is," "Michelle," "It's Only Love," "You're Gonna Lose That Girl," "Every Little Thing," "This Boy," "Norwegian Wood," "I Will", "PS I Love You" distributed among the appropriate lists.  Thanks for pointing this out...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@WilliamS68311 - two more that I just thought of . . .

The Long And Winding Road - The Beatles

Maybe I’m Amazed - Paul McCartney & Wings

Another romantic song that I like, and personally I’d let Justin Hayward sing his unrequited love song to me all day and night! . . . 😻

Nights In White Satin - Moody Blues

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP