Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

The Who Announce 'Moving On!' Symphonic Tour Dates

Honored Social Butterfly

The Who Announce 'Moving On!' Symphonic Tour Dates

Rolling Stone reports The Who have announced US dates for their 'Moving On!' tour with orchestra.

“Be aware, Who fans!” Roger Daltrey said in a statement. “Just because it’s The Who with an orchestra, in no way will it compromise the way Pete and I deliver our music. This will be full throttle Who with horns and bells on. Daltrey says that it isn't being billed as a farewell tour, but at age 75, he has to be realistic, and it could be his last one. Here's the full article in RS . . .

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-who-us-moving-on-dates-778467/

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Symphonic orchestras are no stranger to The Who, or rock music, for that matter. Orchestra or not, I would never expect Who to move on 'quietly'.  Smiley Very Happy  I expect they will be as loud as ever! 

I never got to see them in the 70's but did in the 90's. It was a fun show. No sooner had the concert started than some were lighting up joints to better 'enjoy' the program. And no one called the cops to report it either! (It was billed as a non-smoking arena!)

Rock on!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP