Periodic Contributor

The Sound Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel

The most recent version by Singer Artist Disturbed. Lead singer in band. S&G (Simon & Garfunkel) 1964, thought provoking to me (without visual, great listening) smooth, and calming in part.  The version ( on  YouTube) is tempo tenseness climbing tones. Interesting. Visuals used in the latter. (Okay, but dark) Silence does not always impart dark setting. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I agree that silence need not always be accompanied by darkness but even the S&G version had a bit of a dark tone to my ears. I think that sometimes watching so many videos changes the way we hear songs. But I think that they're entertaining at the same time. I like the Disturbed version but I also liked and enjoy still, the S&G version as well. I hope that one day yet another artist might put an interesting spin on it as well. Maybe Radiohead or Dolly Parton, I wonder how they might see fit to present it. Things like this we probably may never know though.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Disturbed The Sound of Silence

Hi @phyllisdjackson  I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. This is the video by Disturbed. A masterful cover, IMHO. Though I agree that the visuals are a titch hyperbolic.

Perhaps you'd prefer this live version?

Disturbed live on Conan

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png