Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Swing Music Anyone?

Do you prefer Swing and Big Band music to Rock and Roll? This is the place to share your favorites. What are you listening to? What memories do these songs bring back?

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Brititsh Army musicians flash mob to Sing, Sing, Sing

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

Benny Goodman & Peggy Lee   On The Sunny Side Of The Street

Honored Social Butterfly

Tony Bennett and Amy Winehouse  Body and Soul

Honored Social Butterfly

Amy Winehouse   Someone To Watch Over Me

Honored Social Butterfly

Ella Fitzgerald   Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

Honored Social Butterfly

Peggy Lee & The Benny Goodman Orchestra   Why Don't You Do Right?

Honored Social Butterfly

Frank Sinatra  Begin the Beguine

Honored Social Butterfly

Artie Shaw  Begin the Beguine

Honored Social Butterfly

Ella Fitzgerald Sings The Cole Porter Songbook (album is about an hour long)

Honored Social Butterfly

Wozers! George and Ira Gershwin songbook. This video is over an hour long!  Enjoy!

Honored Social Butterfly

George Gershwin  Rhapsody In Blue

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy  Save My Soul

Honored Social Butterfly

Louis Prima, Keely Smith  Old Black Magic

Honored Social Butterfly

Ella Fitzgerald   Fascinatin' Rhythm

Honored Social Butterfly

Glenn Miller   A String Of Pearls

Honored Social Butterfly

Glenn Miller Orchestra  Moonlight Serenade

Honored Social Butterfly

Who says Swing is dead? Check out this video of a flash mob dancing to Swing at the Denver Airport. 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

"...Who says Swing is dead? Check out this video of a flash mob dancing to Swing at the Denver Airport....".

I love that video. I have searched, for some time, on flash mobs in general. There have been some really good video's, with all sorts of music. Anyone interested in flash mob music should 'google' it and see what is out there.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Honored Social Butterfly

The Brian Setzer Orchestra  Jump Jive An' Wail

Some of you probably remember Brian Setzer from the rockabilly group Stray Cats. (see below for refresher :))

Stray Cats  Stray Cat Strut

Trusted Contributor

@Epster wrote:

The Brian Setzer Orchestra  Jump Jive An' Wail

Some of you probably remember Brian Setzer from the rockabilly group Stray Cats. (see below for refresher :))

Stray Cats  Stray Cat Strut

@EpsterTHX. I know you posted these for me. Man Surprised  RE: Sinatra, I prefer instrumental versions of Begin the Beguine. Crazy Sinatra fan, as you know, so how weird, right? Brian Setzer's recent stuff is on my running playlist.

Honored Social Butterfly

@HammH  I did. 🙂  With ya on the Begin the Beguine. It loses something when there are vocals (odd coming from a vocalist, eh?)

Honored Social Butterfly

The Speakeasies Swing Band  Bright Light Late Nights

Honored Social Butterfly

Here's an example of one one of the 'modern' bands recording swing music.

The Speakeasy Three  When I Get Low, I Get High

Honored Social Butterfly

@Epster wrote:

Who says Swing is dead? Check out this video of a flash mob dancing to Swing at the Denver Airport. 🙂

Hey, that was fun! I enjoy dancing to Swing, or more precisely, The Jitterbug. I learned it from my older cousins. 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta  Glad you enjoyed it. One day I want to be part of something like that dancing flash mob. Bet it's a total kick! 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

@Epster wrote:

@MaVolta  Glad you enjoyed it. One day I want to be part of something like that dancing flash mob. Bet it's a total kick! 🙂

Oh, that would be cool!

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

In the Mood - Glenn Miller

Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta Oh man! Glenn Miller! We listened to so much of his music as kids! I really love swing  & big band music. Adore the dancing gramdma video, too! Rawr! 🙂

Thanks for posting both of these. 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

Inspiration anyone? This one's a treasure. Keep on dancing, Grandmas! 

Honored Social Butterfly

Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong   Dream a Little Dream of Me

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP