Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stressors/Pressures of Everyday Life

Honored Social Butterfly

Stressors/Pressures of Everyday Life

As I’m coming to two years of the worst times of my life, both personally and professionally, I’ve noticed there are a lot of rock songs out there that deal with the Stressors/Pressures of everyday life. I thought it would be a great topic to explore. Songs with pressure in the title are obvious, but I’m hoping this will bring out other, more subtle songs that address these issues. I will start with one of my all time favorites in this area-

”We gotta get out of this place” by The Animals

Kudos
Views
Replies
Honored Social Butterfly

Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Under Pressure - Queen, David Bowie (great song!)

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Pressure Drop: Toots And The Maytals

Honored Social Butterfly

Paul Simon has a genius capacity for looking at problems and difficult situations, and how we use our coping mechanisms to get through them. Two of his songs quickly come to mind, though there are many more in his catalogue.

I Am A Rock

Flowers Never Bend  With The Rainfall

And maybe include a song for the person who stands by us in our times of troubles . . .

Bridge Over Troubled Water

All Simon & Garfunkel (of course).

Honored Social Butterfly

@Butterfly565 In response to Where the heck do we go? I give you Runaway by Jefferson Starship. Many days it’s what I’d like to do 😢

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@BeatleloverKT wrote:

@Butterfly565 In response to Where the heck do we go? I give you Runaway by Jefferson Starship. Many days it’s what I’d like to do 😢

Well....the state of the world....takes me to George Harrison's~Beatles "My Sweet Lord"....sorry just saying! Heart

Regular Social Butterfly

@BeatleloverKT wrote:

As I’m coming to two years of the worst times of my life, both personally and professionally, I’ve noticed there are a lot of rock songs out there that deal with the Stressors/Pressures of everyday life. I thought it would be a great topic to explore. Songs with pressure in the title are obvious, but I’m hoping this will bring out other, more subtle songs that address these issues. I will start with one of my all time favorites in this area-

”We gotta get out of this place” by The Animals

Great topic!!!  My response....COOL!!! But where the heck do we go???? 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP