Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Spirit in the SKY - Sky Songs in Celebration of Nature

Conversationalist

Spirit in the SKY - Sky Songs in Celebration of Nature

Per Merriam Webster, the meaning of sky is:
1. The upper atmosphere or expanse of space that constitutes an apparent great vault or arch over the earth
2. Heaven sense

The origins of the word are from the Old Norse sky meaning “cloud, abode of God.”

I just returned from a trip out West, where sky definitely seems to take on the latter definition and derivation, truly heaven sense and the abode of God, especially in Wyoming and Montana. The sky seems to go on forever, making the surrounding landscape and mountains even more breathtaking. Basking in such tranquil, awe-inspiring, picturesque, beautiful vistas is gloroius and soothing to the soul.

If you have the opportunity, head out West. Visit our National Parks. In a time when so many are retreating to a life indoors, between work responsibilities, COVID restrictions, and electronics permeating virtually every facet of life, the outdoors still beckons.

The playlist contains some fantastic songs, with the likes of Johnny Cash, Journey, The Animals, ELO, The Beatles, John Denver, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Allman Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, INXS, U2, Jackson Brown, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Elton John, Joe Jackson, Coldplay, Los Lonely Boys. Some great music. Enjoy!

Honored Social Butterfly

Great playlist, lots of my favs on there. I have

been to Wyoming, it is truly beautiful there

Honored Social Butterfly

Beautiful pictures! I’ve always wanted to visit the National Parks in Montana and Wyoming. We were planning to travel when my husband retired, and then Covid happened. Maybe this fall! Nice playlist for the drive, as well. But… I would have to add a few more. 😊

It Came Out Of The Sky  -  CCR

Vanilla Sky  -  Macca

Calico Skies  -  Macca

Under African Skies  -  Paul Simon

We’ll Burn The Sky  -  Scorpions

and I really like Willie Nelson’s version of Blue Skies. 😎

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Conversationalist

All great songs - added them all!  Thanks!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP