Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Spanish Songs or Songs By Hispanic Artists

Community Manager
Community Manager

Spanish Songs or Songs By Hispanic Artists

Happy Hispanic Heritage Month! What songs do you enjoy that are in Spanish or are by Hispanic/Latin@ artists?

Growing up, one of my favorite songs was Bailamos by Enrique Iglesias 💃🕺

Trusted Social Butterfly

Heaven - Los Lonely Boys

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Santa Esmeralda

You're My Everything - same

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Lake Aquabi by El Chicano

Super Contributor

Suavecito by Malo

Social Butterfly

Buena Vista Social Club-Various Artists. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Reading through the posts, saw Carlos Santana mentioned more than once (well deserved).  Surprised not to see Al Dimeola or Sergio Mendez.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Marc Anthony's Preciosa  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hey Rachel, I sure like Anselma by Los Lobos, Como Ves by Ozomatli, and Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down by The Mavericks.

Contributor

As the guys like to say, "Me gustan las viejas...canciones."  I love anything by Javier Solis.  The Romantico album by Jose Jose will forever thrill me.  People don't begin to understand how marvelous he was as a singer.  El Principe!

Contributor

I'm from Peru and my favorite singers outside Peruvian music are Willie Colon, Hector Lavoe, the one and only Celia Cruz, Julio Iglesias (Enrique's dad). Groups Mana and La Oveja de Vang Gogh, and obviously Gloria Esefan, among so many talented Hispanic Artists. Thank you for honoring them.

Regular Social Butterfly

Anything Carlos Santana! He loved rock so much and brought his and rock together! Go figure... two cultures as one...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Community Manager
Community Manager

Selena - Dreaming of You ❤️

Honored Social Butterfly

Lo Siento Mi Vida - Linda Ronstadt

This is a song that she co-wrote with Kenny Edwards, her bass player, and Gilbert Ronstadt, her father. She would often include it in her live performances.

She also made an album, Canciones de Mi Padre, made up of songs that were part of her family tradition. This album went double platinum and has sold more copies than any non-English album in American history to date.This year, it was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.

This lady is one of my favorite female vocalists of all time. 

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Contributor

Let’s not forget the pioneers of pop Latin music, and who paved the way for later generations. My standout is the amazing Mario Bauzá. His silky, romantic yet complex confections are insanely great. For those unfamiliar, Bauza sits comfortably next to Duke Ellington with subtlety and elegance.

Let’s not forget Machito and Pérez Prado!

Honored Social Butterfly

Macarena  Los del Rio (Bayside Boys Mix)

Honored Social Butterfly

Guantanamera:  Celia Cruz

Community Manager
Community Manager

A classic @BobH07! In Cuba, buskers play it all the time.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

I started taking Spanish classes in 7th grade and continued through 12th grade. I then majored in Spanish Language and Literature in college. I remember being introduced to Manu Chao in one of my Spanish classes with the song "Me Gustas Tu." The song is mostly in Spanish, but some lines of the chorus are also in French.

Honored Social Butterfly

Oye Mi Canto - Gloria Estefan 

I was never a fan of disco, but I loved to dance to this lady’s music. It was fun with those wonderful Latin rhythms, and great band as well. Some other favorites include -

Conga, Turn The Beat Around, Get On Your Feet, Rhythm Is Gonna Get You.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Social Butterfly

Carlos Santana first came to mind but I see my friend @MaVolta  had already selected the great guitar player. So, I’ll pick another great Hispanic guitar player Jerry Garcia of Grateful Dead fame. 

Honored Social Butterfly

I also really like Enrique Iglesias’ music.

My two favs of his are “Hero” and 

“I like it”/w Pitbull 🎼💜

Honored Social Butterfly

Oye Como Va - Santana

. . . and many others by this fabulous guitarist!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP