Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Songs that directly address the audience (and/or audience participation songs)

Regular Social Butterfly

Songs that directly address the audience (and/or audience participation songs)

I have no idea how many of these there might be, but I'm looking for audience participation songs, or it could be a song where the singer is directly speaking to the audience, as in:

"It's wonderful to be here,
It's certainly a thrill
You're such a lovely audience,
We'd like to take you home with us, we'd love to take you home"

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band -- the Beatles

Social Butterfly

We're Gonna Rock This Joint Tonight - the Four Charms

Honored Social Butterfly

Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 2   E,L&P

โ€œWelcome back my friends to the show

that never endsโ€

Honored Social Butterfly

Downside Up (Live):  Peter Gabriel

Honored Social Butterfly

Not sure if this is what you mean, but some bands have songs that are written for audience participation. Here is one example -

Seek and Destroy  -  Metallica

Metallica sings:  Searching

Audience replies:  Seek and destroy

โ€œWhen the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.โ€ - Jimi Hendrix
Regular Social Butterfly

@MaVolta  Itโ€™s a very open topic and all of you guys have come up with some great stuff already! The Sgt. Pepper lyrics got me thinking, and I was curious to see how many songs we could come up with that had that aspect of speaking directly to the audience (even though St. Pepper was ironically never performed live). And then I thought we could also extend it to include some of those big audience participation songs like maybe:

We Will Rock You -- Queen

It's mostly about having fun thinking about those days when we used to actually be able to have a connection between musicians on stage and their audiences! I hope that makes sense โ€ฆ I thought of this in the middle of the night and I think I have Quarantine Brain haha! ๐Ÿค™  ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP