Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Songs about Heroes or Heroines

Just trying to think up a new song topic, so maybe try this one. Think of songs about your heros or heroines. Songs may have hero in the title or lyrics (those are easy), but others may be inferred by something a person has done, or be in reference to a particular person. Be creative! 

So here are my first picks to get started -

Holding Out for a Hero - Bonnie Tyler

Candle in the Wind - Elton John (in reference to Marilyn Monroe and later Lady Diana)

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Citizen/Soldier by 3 Doors Down

Honored Social Butterfly

Leader of the Band - Dan Fogelberg

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix
Honored Social Butterfly

Illume by the Mac. Stevie Nicks wrote this song after 9/11. She also was on tour in NY when the attack happened. Her friends told her to perform so she mustered the strength to go on. 🙏

Honored Social Butterfly

Big Bad John:  Jimmy Dean

Regular Social Butterfly

Tina Turner - "We Don't Need Another Hero"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NVPq-_t-ANw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Honored Social Butterfly

The Fighter by Keith Urban/ Carrie Underwood 

Periodic Contributor

Big John, Mister Custer, Starry Night 

Honored Social Butterfly

Mrs. Robinson: S&G  (Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio; a nation turns its lonely eyes to you).

Silver Conversationalist

Not rock and roll, but heroes a'plenty, and lots of travel. Thanks again, @ripvanwinkle96 , for making me think of this.

Victory At Sea - Richard Rogers

Here is the suite, arranged by Russell Bennett.  https://youtu.be/JY1rCyzk7WU

Recognized Social Butterfly

Hello! yea that's one of the nice things about these forums, you run into posts that stimulate a buried memory or experience and it comes out when someone, somewhere has had the same. I can remember now as a kid sitting in front of the old zenith b&w tv watching programs like "Victory at Sea", "Crossroads", "Lamp unto my feet". Korla Pandit, Beany & Cecil, Andy's Gang.........

Honored Social Butterfly

Color Him Father:  The Winstons

Honored Social Butterfly

The Champ by Nelly

Honored Social Butterfly

Wind beneath my wings by Bette Midler

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP